+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast
    VXRed

Just had a couple of Continental Sport Contact 5's fitted. So now matching all round. Excellent tyre, especially braking.

VXRed

Do you find you get a lot of wheel spin with them or are they ok ?. I have got a very low mileage car with Contact 2's which are original as they have 07 on side wall. They still have 6mm of tread but keep wheel spinning even in third gear like they are on ice. Trying to find a decent replacement as I think they must be slightly hard.

VXRed

I did before with slightly hard 2's. Now I have fives they are far more grippy. Do still get some wheelspin but it's remapped etc

VXRed

Default 235 35 19 Tyres

I have asked for opinions before on which tyres to buy and I will probably buy Michelin PS4S. My only reservation is I don't want to waste my money and get the same issue.

My car is 10 years old with only 16k on the clock. The Continental Contact 2 tyres are the originals but look like new as does the car. The issue I am getting is that when I am accelerating hard the tyres just lose grip on the road and spin as the boost comes in. I have to lift off to stop it and wondered if this is an issue others have with newer tyres or have my tyres gone off. It does it mainly going through 2nd and 3rd gear and does it in wet or dry.

They have still got 6mm tread on front and 5mm on rear and show no major cracking etc and have worn completely evenly. My car has a stage 1 remap. Those Michelins are over £700 for 4 so just need to know if others get this issue before I spend my money.

The originals are well and truly past it now regardless of how much Thread they have.

You won't be disappointed in the PS4S, will be worth the money.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

VXRed

Those are my thoughts too but being a Spurs fan I am very careful with my money . Joking aside just wanted to know if this was an issue regardless of age of tyre.

Are you VXR enough? nippyrascal's Avatar

just bought a astra vxr only rubber I will use is eagle f1 best tyres I have ever had.
    stage 3

VXRed

Are they asymmetric 3's ?.

VXRed

if your looking for quality at a half decent price go with these Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

VXRed

Thanks Moderators !!!. May as well deleted thread !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast