+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    VXR enough

The RT2's must be fairly new?

I have had 2 sets of the earlier RTs and like them...brilliant wet and dry grip. I think they wear fairly quickly but thats probably a good thing if you car does low mileage...i.e you wear them out before they've got time to age and crack.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    The RT2's must be fairly new?

I have had 2 sets of the earlier RTs and like them...brilliant wet and dry grip. I think they wear fairly quickly but thats probably a good thing if you car does low mileage...i.e you wear them out before they've got time to age and crack.

They are fairly new - the newer versions of the RTs. I chose them over the Goodyears because they got slightly better reviews from what I read. They are some of the cheapest premium tyres but are fantastic! Drove again today in the wet and gave it some round some corners. You get a lot of understeer especially when applying throttle round bends and the front wheels spin. The wet grip is good, but the dry grip is amazing! The car feels completely planted and stuck to the road. Gives you so much confidence - you think you're going in too hard or fast but you just stick to the road like glue.

Dry grip - excellent
    Wet grip - good (not amazing but I have little to compare it to)

Not sure about the wear as I've only done a few thousand miles in them.

Fully recommend them on the Corsa VXR

Need 4 new tyres shortly and just after peoples opinions on which tyre you would go for. The two choices i'm down to are either continental Sport Contact 5's or Uniroyal RainSport 3's.

Currently have continental's all round but have seen good reviews on the Rainsport tyres and these are slightly cheaper. Price for all 4 fitted on Blackcircles is £563.92 for the conti's or £512.80 for the Rainsport 3's.

Given the choice which one would you go for or alternatively, anyone have any other suggestions?
    Corsa VXR

Not sure about the Contis, but Rainsport 3s tend to wear quite quickly

Quote Originally Posted by VeXeR View Post
    Not sure about the Contis, but Rainsport 3s tend to wear quite quickly
    See I've used Eagle F1s, Conti sport 3s, and Rainsport 3s and the rainsports have had the best wear rate I've found!

Although to be honest the other 2 were better tyres I thought, F1s being my favourite so far, although the rainsports 3s are still excellent.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    See I've used Eagle F1s, Conti sport 3s, and Rainsport 3s and the rainsports have had the best wear rate I've found!

Although to be honest the other 2 were better tyres I thought, F1s being my favourite so far, although the rainsports 3s are still excellent.
    Probably not pushing the Rainsports as hard as the Eagle F1s so

Cheers for the help, just checked my paperwork from when i last changed the front tyres and they've only lasted around 10,000 miles and they're pretty much on the legal limit.

They were the sport contact 5's which is why i'm looking at alternatives as they haven't really lasted that long. To be fair, i don't do that many miles in the car (around 6 to 7000 per year) and hardly any of that is motorway miles.
    Last edited by SmithyVXR; 9th January 2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Corsa VXR

Quote Originally Posted by VeXeR View Post
    Probably not pushing the Rainsports as hard as the Eagle F1s so
    Yeah that's very true actually! I had the F1s on in summer and I of course tend to drive a bit harder when it's not icy, rainy and miserable haha
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXR newbie

Conti sport contacts have served me very well

I've just looked online for Goodyear F1's and they are no longer available even on the Goodyear website! I will need two some time this year so I'm going to have to live with two brands until the others wear out!
    C0RSA VXR NURBURGRING #220

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast