+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Suppose I've been a bit too heavy footed then 😒

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good idea this, im currently looking for new ones, will have a gander

Just gunna get contis again 😄. They've gone down like £40 since I last bought them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

As a newby to vxr ownership.... Doez it really matter if tyers are the big brand names as long as they are the correct size and speed rating??? And if they are only lastin 7/10 thousand miles is that using them on track days as well or just road use?????? gonna need two front tyers in a few thousand miles and just wondering wether to get non brand with correct speed ratin as they are a LOT cheaper....

Quote Originally Posted by Simon's blue vxr :) View Post
    As a newby to vxr ownership.... Doez it really matter if tyers are the big brand names as long as they are the correct size and speed rating??? And if they are only lastin 7/10 thousand miles is that using them on track days as well or just road use?????? gonna need two front tyers in a few thousand miles and just wondering wether to get non brand with correct speed ratin as they are a LOT cheaper....
    Yes. They're the only points of contact with the ground. There's no point in scrimping and getting cheap and nasty tyres. Especially if you are going to drive it hard.
    #weusedtobetheshit

Look at Nanking ns2, they're decent tyres and for the price. I've got them on the now and so far in the wet the handling has been perfect, had no complaints or worries

As said above tyres are your only contact point to the road and yes you can buy cheap non branded ones with horrible reviews, but if you're worrying about the price of tyres you should not have bought a corsa VXR, we have a few problems common to rare than can potentially cost thousands to repair and it's not exactly cheap to maintain and run even though its a corsa.

Generally £100 a corner is a good price to pay for decent tyres in a 225/40/18 size and £120 for 225/35/18 in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcd41d View Post
    Look at Nanking ns2, they're decent tyres and for the price. I've got them on the now and so far in the wet the handling has been perfect, had no complaints or worries
    NS2 are good bang for your buck although personally I'm not keen on them, I do drive my VXR very hard though and have had a few scary moments when the grip just suddenly dropped off so would want something more grippy and much better wet grip for my driving style so I'm tempted to go try Bridgestone or pay the premium for Pirellis as I'll be changing all 4 at once soon.

I have nankang on at the minute as I had no choice as it came with them, 8000 miles in and there's plenty of tread left if I wanted to keep them on, they're okay but don't expect them to be amazing.

For the way I drive they've been good so far, and the reason I got them is because I have the semi slick versions too, once i replace all 4, I'll probably do the same as you with the premium choice

VXR enough

I've had 4 Goodyear Eagle F1's fitted and they don't even look like they've been driven after about a month, not many miles admittedly but very impressed

VXRed

Red face Tyre's

Hi guys. Looking to get some new tyres for my 18 rims. After mid range for budget. Any recommendations?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast