+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    VXRed

I've just got a pair of Falken Azenis FK510's on the front and I think it's a great tyre

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

VXRed

Just got new pair of Toyo Proxes T1r for fronts as last lot down to last 4-5mm and with winter on the way thought it would be good idea to change them. Last fronts did 20 months and 18k so not bad considering I do drive it daily and like I stole it. In my previous post I said they tram lined a bit, but it appears I had the tyre pressures wrong. This new pair are great an no such problems. Got them from DT's £122 pair. Fitting,valve and balance at local fitters £18 each (bit steep but ok).
    Insurance was not bothered except to be informed. Speedo is 0.3% slower reading than actual display. However, my friend used to design the clocks for AC delco who produce them for Vauxhall and he said they are designed to be accurate within 1% (the law allows 3%) so you should not have an issue at speed cameras or if being tailed by the bab.

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsoak View Post
    Just got new pair of Toyo Proxes T1r for fronts as last lot down to last 4-5mm and with winter on the way thought it would be good idea to change them. Last fronts did 20 months and 18k so not bad considering I do drive it daily and like I stole it. In my previous post I said they tram lined a bit, but it appears I had the tyre pressures wrong. This new pair are great an no such problems. Got them from DT's £122 pair. Fitting,valve and balance at local fitters £18 each (bit steep but ok).
    Insurance was not bothered except to be informed. Speedo is 0.3% slower reading than actual display. However, my friend used to design the clocks for AC delco who produce them for Vauxhall and he said they are designed to be accurate within 1% (the law allows 3%) so you should not have an issue at speed cameras or if being tailed by the bab.
    I got 4 x Uniroyal rainsport 3 on my car and the grip in the wet and dry is amazing canít recommend them enough and done 4K on them now and have good life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Default Vxr Tyres 🌧

Probably been discussed multiple times so I apologise

Looking at treating the girl to a new set of shoes however Iím stuck between two tyres can anyone recommend the pros and cons of

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 & Toyo T1R Proxes

Not bothered about fuel consumption

Just want a nice tyre thatíll grip nice in the dry but also not kill me in the wet especially this time of year can find both within around £5 of each other so price isnít really a factor

Thanks guys & girls

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by L11FKR View Post
    Probably been discussed multiple times so I apologise

Looking at treating the girl to a new set of shoes however Iím stuck between two tyres can anyone recommend the pros and cons of

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 & Toyo T1R Proxes

Not bothered about fuel consumption

Just want a nice tyre thatíll grip nice in the dry but also not kill me in the wet especially this time of year can find both within around £5 of each other so price isnít really a factor

Thanks guys & girls
    I use rainsport 3 uniroyal tyres IMO best money can get, the wet grip of these tyres even on my stage 3 corsa is ridiculous it better than my continental tyres were in the dry and in the summer they get really sticky like track day tyres I wonít buy anything else 10/10 from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Thanks man,

Yeah thatís pretty much the same story Iím hearing over Facebook too if Iím honest what tyre size did you go for? Iím currently running 215/35/18 which is abit too hard and always catch my alloys when going up curbs but I want to go for 225/40/18

I too run rainsport 3 at 225 35 18, got them at good price off black circles
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

VXRed

Do you you mind if I asked how much you paid Arron? Looking at getting 225/40/18 you reckon that might be too much tyre? Can get them for around £61 a corner from camskill

Mine weren't as good as that, Paid 90 per tyre a year ago I thought that was cheap but maybe not lol. They still got plenty of tread left tho and I drive daily.

Maybe thats a bit much, I've never tried that size tbh mate
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

VXRed

Got any pics of em on bud just wanna see the wall size

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast