Closed Thread
    VXRed

Angry Corsa VXR Fault Code 2261

Hi guys,

Not long ago i put a K n N air filter on my car. A few days in it started making a loud chattering noise instead of the 'tssss' it had before. I took it off and a few days from then a fault came up (code:2261). It says recirculating solenoid valve or something. The car still makes a very faint chatter when changing gear. The fault light comes on and off and it does feel like the turbo hits in alot harder when the light is off. Does anybody know what this could be or has anyone else had this problem too? Any help would be great thanks!!!

sounds like there is a problem with the recirc valve.

the only reason the turbo would chatter is due to the high pressure trying to release air back through the turbo onto the fins/blades because the valve isn't releasing.

maybe worth checking the recirc valve and vacuum line's.

2014 Corsa VXR, Remus 3 Piece, Courtenay Cold Air Feed With K&N Panel Filter
    O)))..........VXRBURNSRUBBER..........(((O

Quote Originally Posted by vxrburnsrubber View Post
    sounds like there is a problem with the recirc valve.

the only reason the turbo would chatter is due to the high pressure trying to release air back through the turbo onto the fins/blades because the valve isn't releasing.

maybe worth checking the recirc valve and vacuum line's.
    + 1
    black sapphire corsa vxr stage 3 241.7 bhp & 250 lb torque 3 piece remus..30/20 P.I lowering springs. vxr badge front and rear. blue smd conversion..insignia washer jets...18" diamond cut alloys...pipercross cone...forge brace bar...de-badged...smoked side repeaters..airtec intercooler,forge recirc valve,cool runnin stat,390cc injectors,courteney fuel pump and full courteney hose kit..mtech short shifter

VXRed

Default Hmm

My mate who is a mechanic has checked the valve and the pipes and they are all good. He thinks something on/in the turbo may have a crack

maybe worth removing the recirc valve and check for any blockage or seizure.

the sign's your telling us is a common recirc valve failure not releasing air.

2014 Corsa VXR, Remus 3 Piece, Courtenay Cold Air Feed With K&N Panel Filter
    O)))..........VXRBURNSRUBBER..........(((O

VXRed

Code reads as turbo charger by-pass valve (mechanical)

Closed Thread