Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We have tried different brands on our J's.
    Friedrich, Regal RSS and Scorpion.
    I found thicker ones have deeper sound.

RSS 👌💪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

and which ons are the thicker ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshDriver View Post
    We have tried different brands on our J's.
    Friedrich, Regal RSS and Scorpion.
    I found thicker ones have deeper sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailsey View Post
    Once it's worn in it sounds amazing I'm hoping to decat soon but if you go to PVS I'll start it up for you as will be on scorpion stand 😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice one mate. I'll be there 👌
    Cheers
    @theRoundsta
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by luke41 View Post
    and which ons are the thicker ones?
    There are some that looks better but other sound a bit better but aren't the best finished ones.
    Friedrich seems to have the best sound, probably because is a bit thicker but are not the top best finished look.
    Then Scorpion and Regal are in same level, but Scorpion can't be fitted to stock CAT exhaust.
    Last edited by FreshDriver; 15th December 2014 at 01:58 PM.

VXRed blooded

So do you think a regal sports cat on one of there downpipes would give the same power as a double decat? im waiting for warren G to test at each stage before I decide wether a sports cat gives enough gain over standard mainpipe cat or double decat
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshDriver View Post
    There are some that looks better but other sound a bit better but aren't the best finished ones.
    Friedrich seems to have the best sound, probably because is a bit thicker but are not the top best finished look.
    Then Scorpion and Regal are in same level, but Scorpion can't be fitted to stock CAT exhaust.

So do you think a regal sports cat on one of there downpipes would give the same power as a double decat? im waiting for warren G to test at each stage before I decide wether a sports cat gives enough gain over standard mainpipe cat or double decat
    I'm not sure but a friend bought the HJS hiflow cat, according Regal is the best hi-flow cat on the market for the J.
    When I looked thru it, can't believe can match the airflow of a 100% free flow no cat.
    I'm totally decated but replaced the 2nd cat by a small free thru flow resonator to keep stock noise level on idle or cruising but at wot sounds really nice.

VXRed blooded

im worried about the reported droning at 3000 revs with a double decat.... I like quiet... is it that bad?

im worried about the reported droning at 3000 revs with a double decat.... I like quiet... is it that bad?
    Not that bad, I'm planning to replace the largest mufller for a better flowing one but with bit larger volume and better tone, stock one is 25.7" x 4" x 6.7" but my plan is to replace it by a Solo Performance Muffler with size 20" x 7" x 7" (yes, it fits !)
    I'm looking for a free flow exhaust (no cats) not louder than stock on idle or crusing but nice tone groawling at wot and hope now to get rid of that little drone.

If you either go for full decat or keeping second cat it will drone a bit at 3000rpm.
    Last edited by FreshDriver; 15th December 2014 at 05:19 PM.

VXR enough

Double decat is a bit droney but just turn the music up a bit louder and it's fine haha!!
    Summit White GTC - GONE
    Replaced by Mk7 5dr Golf R
    My Progress Thread

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast