Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    VXR enough FreshDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th April 2008
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    We have tried different brands on our J's.
    Friedrich, Regal RSS and Scorpion.
    I found thicker ones have deeper sound.

  2. #12
    VXRacing ahead Robbie_vxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    9th May 2014
    Posts
    556

    Default

    RSS 👌💪


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    20th March 2013
    Posts
    377

    Default

    and which ons are the thicker ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshDriver View Post
    We have tried different brands on our J's.
    Friedrich, Regal RSS and Scorpion.
    I found thicker ones have deeper sound.

  4. #14
    VXRed theRoundsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd April 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bailsey View Post
    Once it's worn in it sounds amazing I'm hoping to decat soon but if you go to PVS I'll start it up for you as will be on scorpion stand 😜


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice one mate. I'll be there 👌
    Cheers
    @theRoundsta
    Sean

  5. #15
    VXR enough FreshDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th April 2008
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke41 View Post
    and which ons are the thicker ones?
    There are some that looks better but other sound a bit better but aren't the best finished ones.
    Friedrich seems to have the best sound, probably because is a bit thicker but are not the top best finished look.
    Then Scorpion and Regal are in same level, but Scorpion can't be fitted to stock CAT exhaust.
    Last edited by FreshDriver; 15th December 2014 at 01:58 PM.

  6. #16
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    20th March 2013
    Posts
    377

    Default

    So do you think a regal sports cat on one of there downpipes would give the same power as a double decat? im waiting for warren G to test at each stage before I decide wether a sports cat gives enough gain over standard mainpipe cat or double decat
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshDriver View Post
    There are some that looks better but other sound a bit better but aren't the best finished ones.
    Friedrich seems to have the best sound, probably because is a bit thicker but are not the top best finished look.
    Then Scorpion and Regal are in same level, but Scorpion can't be fitted to stock CAT exhaust.

  7. #17
    VXR enough FreshDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th April 2008
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke41 View Post
    So do you think a regal sports cat on one of there downpipes would give the same power as a double decat? im waiting for warren G to test at each stage before I decide wether a sports cat gives enough gain over standard mainpipe cat or double decat
    I'm not sure but a friend bought the HJS hiflow cat, according Regal is the best hi-flow cat on the market for the J.
    When I looked thru it, can't believe can match the airflow of a 100% free flow no cat.
    I'm totally decated but replaced the 2nd cat by a small free thru flow resonator to keep stock noise level on idle or cruising but at wot sounds really nice.

  8. #18
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    20th March 2013
    Posts
    377

    Default

    im worried about the reported droning at 3000 revs with a double decat.... I like quiet... is it that bad?

  9. #19
    VXR enough FreshDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th April 2008
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke41 View Post
    im worried about the reported droning at 3000 revs with a double decat.... I like quiet... is it that bad?
    Not that bad, I'm planning to replace the largest mufller for a better flowing one but with bit larger volume and better tone, stock one is 25.7" x 4" x 6.7" but my plan is to replace it by a Solo Performance Muffler with size 20" x 7" x 7" (yes, it fits !)
    I'm looking for a free flow exhaust (no cats) not louder than stock on idle or crusing but nice tone groawling at wot and hope now to get rid of that little drone.

    If you either go for full decat or keeping second cat it will drone a bit at 3000rpm.
    Last edited by FreshDriver; 15th December 2014 at 05:19 PM.

  10. #20
    VXR enough
    Join Date
    3rd March 2013
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Double decat is a bit droney but just turn the music up a bit louder and it's fine haha!!
    Summit White GTC - GONE
    Replaced by Mk7 5dr Golf R
    My Progress Thread

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts