Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post

Remember that Vauxhall themselves threw the Remus on the Nurburgring - there were no software changes from the std exhaust and every single owner would vouch for improved performance
    Very good point!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony86 View Post
    You can't put a cracked manifold down to a cone filter nor exhaust system, you can however put it down to thrashing it from cold, due to the amount of hammer it's had etc but mods won't make the slightest difference to it
    Really good to learn about the cracked manifold from everyone here. Time to make my way over to a 'buying guide' type thread to save me scribbling

Want to check over an potential buy veeeeery closely as i definitely don't want to walk into a big bill!

You can run without a map, but you won't be taking the full advantage of the new parts. For example if you decat the exhaust the lambda sensor will notice difference and then run the car rich.
    Try to install as much parts as you want, then get a remap.

On my corsa VXR i ran a cat back and pre-cat delete pipe on the standard map.

It put my BHP to 195 but more importantly it put my torque figure to 228 ftlbs.
    Sir Dale Of Yorkshire

VXRed blooded

Yer that's all well and good but if you have a remap and you get say 215 bhp 230 lbs ft of torque it's a very different power output to what you are now, even if you ran the same figures as you are now on a map itl feel and be better mapped

Like my is running 265bhp with a full 3" decat system astra vxr, but a mapped 265bhp astra vxr will be a lot more smoother and will pass me, even if we had the same torque

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2