Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Question Newbie From North West (Wigan)

Well Hello All,

Just Got My First VXR - Arctic #142 And It's Awsome, Just Wondering If Anybody Knows Any Warranty Companies Where I Could Take Extended Warranty.

I Know Most People Will Say Don't Bother But I'd Like Warranty For Piece Of Mind, So Any Companies Would Be Much Appriciated.

I Have Looked At; WarrantyWise, WarrantyDirect and AA-Gold (So Far WarrantyWise Seem To Be The Best)

Thanks In Advance.

ARCTIC Edition #142 - Danny James

Most aren't worth the paper they are written on unfortunately, come claim time you end up with the "wear and tear" being the get out clause, if you decide to take one do your research on Google of what they are like

Astra

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Most aren't worth the paper they are written on unfortunately, come claim time you end up with the "wear and tear" being the get out clause, if you decide to take one do your research on Google of what they are like
    The Amount Of People Who Have Said The Same Is Unreal, How Do They Even Still Sell Warranty If It's All Basically A Big Scam?!

Quote Originally Posted by VXR_Danny View Post
    The Amount Of People Who Have Said The Same Is Unreal, How Do They Even Still Sell Warranty If It's All Basically A Big Scam?!
    You think you are paying to cover your car for any failure, the cover in reality extends to anything that's failed completely unexpectedly but that old chestnut of wear and tear usually comes in to play.
    When buying a newish car a main dealer warranty or say something from the RAC can be worthwhile but once you get on to an older car it starts to become pointless and you'd be better putting the money to getting it well maintained imho

Astra

VXRed

I got a year with warrantywise when I got my burg, not long after my gearbox started whining and the garage I bought the car off had a lot of hassle trying to get them to cover it on warranty. After that I wouldn't bother with any other, they all have a way of getting out of paying.

Welcome along mate. Nice to see another local member i'am from the Horwich area myself so just up the road

Is it the Astra or Corsa you've got ? and get pictures up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Welcome to Vxro

Few people have said that tbh. But up to you really if it's just pace of mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Welcomes to the forum buddy ☺
    Power Red Astra J

Gone but not forgotton - Power Red Zafira

VXRed

Thank's For The Welcome, I Have Been On The Phone To Warranty Direct, They Have Offered Me, 13 Month's For The Price Of 12 Months @ £731, This Is A High Performance Policy Covering Virtual Everything For The First 90 Days, After The 90 Days, FULL Wear And Tear Is Added So Will Cover Me For Any Piston Problems, Gearbox Problems, They Say They Are Recommended By AutoTrader, WhatCar? Magazine, DailyMail, Telegraph, +.

So I'm Not Sure What To Do Now, I Gave The Chap Many Scenarios Such As; "I've Been Booting My Car For The Past Week, I Get In My Car Today And The Piston Has Melted Due To Wear And Tear, Will This Be Fixed By Yourselves?", His Reply Which Is Recorded, Yes We Will Send You To A Garage Of Your Choice As Long As They Are VAT Registered, They Will Diagnose The Cause, "In Your Cause Piston 4 Melting" And Our Engineer Will Authorise The Repair Under Wear & Tear And We Will Pay The Garage Directly, He Says: "It's As Simple As That".

Welcome to VXRO mate
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast