Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by VXR_Danny View Post
    Thank's For The Welcome, I Have Been On The Phone To Warranty Direct, They Have Offered Me, 13 Month's For The Price Of 12 Months @ £731, This Is A High Performance Policy Covering Virtual Everything For The First 90 Days, After The 90 Days, FULL Wear And Tear Is Added So Will Cover Me For Any Piston Problems, Gearbox Problems, They Say They Are Recommended By AutoTrader, WhatCar? Magazine, DailyMail, Telegraph, +.

So I'm Not Sure What To Do Now, I Gave The Chap Many Scenarios Such As; "I've Been Booting My Car For The Past Week, I Get In My Car Today And The Piston Has Melted Due To Wear And Tear, Will This Be Fixed By Yourselves?", His Reply Which Is Recorded, Yes We Will Send You To A Garage Of Your Choice As Long As They Are VAT Registered, They Will Diagnose The Cause, "In Your Cause Piston 4 Melting" And Our Engineer Will Authorise The Repair Under Wear & Tear And We Will Pay The Garage Directly, He Says: "It's As Simple As That".
    £731 for the cover - and how much is the repair going to cost you for a serious failure if you were unlucky, the gearbox I've seen fixes for £400ish and iirc fully forging the engine is about £1600

Warranty claims are never "simple" when 3rd parties involved from my experience - I'd rather keep the money to one side and use it if needed myself

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by VXR_Danny View Post
    Thank's For The Welcome, I Have Been On The Phone To Warranty Direct, They Have Offered Me, 13 Month's For The Price Of 12 Months @ £731, This Is A High Performance Policy Covering Virtual Everything For The First 90 Days, After The 90 Days, FULL Wear And Tear Is Added So Will Cover Me For Any Piston Problems, Gearbox Problems, They Say They Are Recommended By AutoTrader, WhatCar? Magazine, DailyMail, Telegraph, +.

So I'm Not Sure What To Do Now, I Gave The Chap Many Scenarios Such As; "I've Been Booting My Car For The Past Week, I Get In My Car Today And The Piston Has Melted Due To Wear And Tear, Will This Be Fixed By Yourselves?", His Reply Which Is Recorded, Yes We Will Send You To A Garage Of Your Choice As Long As They Are VAT Registered, They Will Diagnose The Cause, "In Your Cause Piston 4 Melting" And Our Engineer Will Authorise The Repair Under Wear & Tear And We Will Pay The Garage Directly, He Says: "It's As Simple As That".

Welcome to VXROnline and as regard to your warranty, you may as well keep the £731 because the guy on the phone can promise the world but reality is they do there best to get out of it.
    Sir Dale Of Yorkshire

Just put X amount of money away each month for Car Care/Maintenance. That's what I do even though I still have manufactures warranty. I only slide away £80.00 a month but it soon adds up.

Welcome! I wouldn't bother with Warranty companies as above usually use they're it's wear an tear clause to get out of everything.

VXRed

Thanks All!

ARCTIC Edition #142 - Danny James

VXRed

Any Other Arctics

VXRed

In The Wigan Area?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2