+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 260
  1. #11
    Regional Organiser - Yorkshire DRC 72's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd April 2011
    Posts
    4,443

    Default

    Mm very nice and a new Blue colour.

    The Thunder from down under.... Sir Dale Of Yorkshire
    Red Adair

  2. #12
    VXR enough Egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st October 2008
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    It's £205 a year to tax (LINK) which seems fair considering the performance on offer imho - next group down only saves you £20 a year which is not really a factor when buying a car.


    Like the idea of the performance pack, hope it works out so that all the VXR's come with a performance pack as an option
    Yeah people buying a vxr may not he bothered too much but its a 1.6t

    Comparitively my S1 is a 2.0t with 230 bhp and is in the tax band below. £180 a year..... Which incidentally was the same tax as my astra 1.9cdti before it.....

    That said it looks good from front, and interested to hear reviews on its handling with this new 'stuff' lol
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

    2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

  3. #13
    Are you VXR enough? F3NTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th October 2012
    Posts
    759

    Default

    That blue is stunning!

    Love it!

  4. #14
    Load of Baubles... randomgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd September 2007
    Posts
    17,159

    Default

    Some nice parts but that engine needed changing.

    The competition is way ahead in terms of economy even though they offer the same performance. Big brakes and suspension sound good though





  5. #15
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    26th July 2010
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    It's £205 a year to tax (LINK) which seems fair considering the performance on offer imho - next group down only saves you £20 a year which is not really a factor when buying a car.

    Like the idea of the performance pack, hope it works out so that all the VXR's come with a performance pack as an option
    And a fiesta st is £130 to tax, golf is a 2.0 300 bhp monster and its cheaper to tax than a far smaller corsa vxr. This is my point. People don't like paying vehicle tax, therefore for me some people may like the corsa but then say nah forget it £95 a year tax saving with fiesta, more mpg (on paper) (extra 30 miles a tank?), etc.

    I admit some people don't give a monkeys what the tax is (me included I pay it with gritted teeth) I buy what car I want, but these cars are suppose to appeal to 20 - 30's imho. Yes we will see older people driving it etc I know, but in this day and age cost of living is going up and up, 20 - 30 year olds want a house etc but they also don't want to be driving 1.2 corsa all there life.
    Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

    New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

  6. #16
    VXR enough Egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st October 2008
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza5 View Post
    And a fiesta st is £130 to tax, golf is a 2.0 300 bhp monster and its cheaper to tax than a far smaller corsa vxr. This is my point. People don't like paying vehicle tax, therefore for me some people may like the corsa but then say nah forget it £95 a year tax saving with fiesta, more mpg (on paper) (extra 30 miles a tank?), etc.

    I admit some people don't give a monkeys what the tax is (me included I pay it with gritted teeth) I buy what car I want, but these cars are suppose to appeal to 20 - 30's imho. Yes we will see older people driving it etc I know, but in this day and age cost of living is going up and up, 20 - 30 year olds want a house etc but they also don't want to be driving 1.2 corsa all there life.
    Yep in line with comment above. The golf r is same engine as mine but bigger turbo n little other stuff, but both £180 tax a year....
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

    2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

  7. #17
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    26th July 2010
    Posts
    349

    Default

    I don't like putting a downer on the car - but vauxhall need to be competitive - I want them to succeed - and I just feel this corsa hasn't moved on from the preious one. I'm sure the handling will be better, the two special editions made the car a far better drive, but I can't see this car being cheaper than Fiesta st its biggest rival.
    Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

    New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

  8. #18
    Interceptors cant catch this.. mcpaynter's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st April 2011
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Looks nice and like the performance pack idea... But 6.8 0-60 and 143 is not faster than the outgoing model.. Pretty sure my burg said 6.5s and the 192ps corsa was 6.8 0-60 and with lower down torque it makes me wonder what the extra 13ps is actually doing?

    Real shame about the engine... Handling sounds good though
    No VXR
    Abarth and a 330e

  9. #19
    VXR Torque of the Devil Dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    24th January 2006
    Posts
    6,856

    Default

    Remember there are 3 stages of FST aswell
    Some sell more than others
    ST1 £17250
    ST2 £18250
    ST3 £19250

  10. #20
    VXR enough Egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st October 2008
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Remember there are 3 stages of FST aswell
    Some sell more than others
    ST1 £17250
    ST2 £18250
    ST3 £19250
    True, same car different options as standard. A fully specced one was ~£21k when I was looking. Can be got for ~£17k.

    What's the price of the corsa then? Rrp and after expected discounts?

    I think the moutune deal is also appealing though, something a lot of other manufacturers are missing out on in the UK. Vx included
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

    2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts