+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

PS I like the xenon's as standard! Wouldn't go back to a car without them now
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Yeah people buying a vxr may not he bothered too much but its a 1.6t

Comparitively my S1 is a 2.0t with 230 bhp and is in the tax band below. £180 a year..... Which incidentally was the same tax as my astra 1.9cdti before it.....

That said it looks good from front, and interested to hear reviews on its handling with this new 'stuff' lol
    We have a 258bhp and 413lbft car coming to us next month which is 129co2 (£110) - unless you have BIK to worry about the £20 difference is not a real point to argue when discussing performance cars IMHO
    Myself I'm happy to consider a car as long as it doesn't trip in to band L and M where it gets costly!

Astra

VXRed

And purely for the sake of pedantry, the 6.8 secs is for 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) so the 0-60 time will be lower. Marginally.

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    We have a 258bhp and 413lbft car coming to us next month which is 129co2 (£110) - unless you have BIK to worry about the £20 difference is not a real point to argue when discussing performance cars IMHO
    Myself I'm happy to consider a car as long as it doesn't trip in to band L and M where it gets costly!
    Which manufacturer made that? Lol just kidding. So what car? Not in a corsa I imagine.

Your right £20 is nothing. I agree, especially in performance card. But the way marketing goes currently, if your car is .1s slower than something else its still slower and you remember it (regardless of actual real life difference). With so much press about being eco, the corsa being less eco and more to tax stands out again regardless of actual difference in cost.

Edit : comparing similar engines ie fiesta st again its £70 difference tax, that's 35% cheaper tax :-/
    Last edited by Egg; 4th February 2015 at 11:08 AM.
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

VXR enough

Looks decent & sounds a nice package. How much better does it handle than the burg/clubsports & how much does it cost?
    I appreciate a fine body regardless of the make

Regional Organiser - Southern scorer's Avatar

I think it looks pretty good tbh. Looking forward to having a go in one to see how it compares to the D

the mirrors aren't as nice as the D VXR and the high lift front bumper looks a bit like a 207 to me...dependant on price i would be reluctant to buy one at the moment

VXRacing ahead

I quite like it, although the large front grill I'm not the biggest fan of. Performance wise though, speed at least, it leave a lot to be desired. The hot hatch market has just gone nuts the past few years, with cars putting out stupid amount of power with lower emissions... it seems as though this VXR just shows that VX are lagging behind.

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    It may not matter to you as a VX fan, but to everyone else out there that VX are trying to win over, the emissions figure would be enough to put a good number of people off straight away when compared to the competition. It makes you feel that the car is behind technology wise rightly or wrongly... which I feel GM are anyway with their engines across the range in terms of emissions/economy.

As said, the car will get bad reviews from press as well due to the high emissions as it will definitely be noted in comparison to it's rivals. And all of these things are what combine to give VX a bad name and therefore devalue their cars like crazy!

Looks good I think...

The back bumper isn't a winner for me looks more like a styling bumper from the LE :/

Let's hope they've addressed the main big issues that have occurred with the current Corsa VXR - piston four and the M32 gearbox!
    - Corsa VXR Blue Edition -
    Progress Thread
    Now Sold!

Now awaiting delivery of the new Type R
    Instagram: danielstorton

Oh bore off with this emissions rubbish, all we bloody hear about these days are emissions, i don't care, i also don't care about MPG. If you like the car bloody well buy it. Should buy a car based on how it makes you feel not about all the emissions nonsense. I personally get a kick every time my burg pops and bangs as i overtake someone in an eco car.

As for the new corsa, i personally really like it and look forward to seeing the first one.
    Astra VXR Nurburgring #063

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast