Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Astra H VXR clutch slip

Had my car remapped at Courtenay on Wednesday, running a stage 3 map with airtec FMIC and cobra full de-cat exhaust. Ran 290BHP and 344ft/lbs of torque which I was more than happy with.

After driving the car for a few days I've noticed that the clutch has started slipping, it's only slipping in 4th gear though.

Just wondering what recommendations anyone has to as which clutch set up I should be looking at upgrading to? The car has done 37k

Back to Courtney then for single mass fly wheel and up rated clutch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Rabbid Stage 3, Airtech front mount, GM Hids, Cobra Exhaust, Direct route ram air, EBC Disc's, Red stuff pads and Hel brake lines.
    The list goes on

I had the same problem and was advised that a standard replacement part would be suitable so that's what I got, and haven't had a problem since.

So unless your going for more power then an original replacement is fine

I've been looking at the uprated clutch cover with OE clutch plate and DMF but I'm unsure what to do. Don't think I'll be tuning any more than stage 3 which clutch is in as standard is it the LUK clutch with LUK flywheel?

K33STH, how much did you pay for your clutch kit and did you replace the fly wheel at the same time?

Cheers
    Last edited by Dirty_badger; 27th February 2015 at 07:43 PM.

If staying stage 3 I'd stick with standard clutch kit and DMF.

Do we know if the standard clutch kit is made by LUK? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/110951057096...ATCHING_ACTIVE I've found this one on the good old flea bay

On evos I found helix the best as they drive standard but bite so hard changing gear you think a mount has gone awsome clutches mate

Update on the clutch slip. It seems to have stopped now :/ weird I know but took her for a little drive and didn't seem to slip in 4th. I'll just keep an eye on it over the next few weeks.

VXR Torque of the Devil vxrtricky's Avatar

Sure it's not budget tyres on the front loosing grip? What make you have or how much life left?

Didn't notice that the traction light came on, I've got matador ultra sport hectorra 2's on with plenty of tread left. Never heard of the tyres but they were on the car when I bought it. Any views on them?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast