+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Uprated clutch for the Astra

Well, my clutch begun to slip over 5000 RPM so is time to change it.

I have seen the single mass flywheel + uprated clutch on the EFR Astra but don't like it how it rattles on idle, so wanted to only change the clutch but keeping the double mass flywheel, that way can keep the stock pedal feeling but handling higher torque.

Unfortunately there is no uprated clutch that has been advertised as "for the Astra J VXR/OPC" this doesn't mean that there is not a clutch that would fit perfect.

First step was to find the exact size and specs of the stock flywheel, so we found it at the Sachs online catalog.
    Size specs : Diameter [mm]: 240, Hub Profile: 23x26-23N, Number of Teeth: 23

If you look at the left size you may see what other OPEL cars use this same clutch:

OPEL - INSIGNIA - 2.0 Turbo 4x4
    OPEL - INSIGNIA - 2.0 E85 Turbo
    OPEL - ASTRA GTC J - 2.0 BiTurbo CDTI

So I had to find an uprated clutch that could fit any of those to find the clutch for my Astra J.

Well, ZF Sachs has a high performance clutches division that has it for those models, you may look here :
    http://www.sachsperformance.com/Sach...4294_4873.html

Finally I bought the stage 2 clutch rated for 405 ft lbs tq.
    Stronger clutch but stock feeling flywheel.
    Hope it helps if your clutch goes with Elvis.
    Last edited by FreshDriver; 7th March 2015 at 12:16 AM.

Top bit of research well done that man have you fitted this yet and what is the feedback??

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 😄

Arden Blue / Areo pack / Navi 600 / Xenon AFL lights / DAB /Bluetooth / LED DLR,S/ LED number plate lights
    LED rear lights rear park assist / K&N panel filter
    20" rims 279 BHP
    Miles of Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by John w View Post
    Top bit of research well done that man have you fitted this yet and what is the feedback??

No yet, I just ordered today..should arrive next week.

VXR enough

maybe we all need to pres exedy on doing a twin plate clutch kit for us. They are amazing clutches, not much more pedal feel than standard and can handle big torque and launches etc. (if you're into that). Ive never had to replace a clutch in any car due to wear/slipping but only because ive upgraded engine power etc so required the beefier clutch.

Good work on the above though Fresh. Will be great to get your feedback once fitted.
    "I intend to slide sideways through the Pearly Gates, turbo at full boost, and screaming, Man, what a ride!"

I'm definitely subscribing to this thread and looking forward to your feedback. Great spot of research!
    Astra J GTC , Aero Kit, Summit White, LED DRLs, LED reg bulbs, private plate

I've been looking too - I found this ages ago, been waiting for someone else to try the Sachs Clutch haha (Their 'homebrand' FMSR clutches are made by ZF Sachs)

http://www.fmsrperformance.com/index...ath=20_139_143

Quote Originally Posted by eddysdaman View Post
    I've been looking too - I found this ages ago, been waiting for someone else to try the Sachs Clutch haha (Their 'homebrand' FMSR clutches are made by ZF Sachs)

http://www.fmsrperformance.com/index...ath=20_139_143
    Rudy Ferraz, owner of Fmsr performance never replied my emails or answered calls when tried to get info on those clutches.
    I went directly to the source instead.
    Last edited by FreshDriver; 8th March 2015 at 03:50 AM.

It just came in !

This is the stock clutch taken from a friend's car.

Last edited by FreshDriver; 28th March 2015 at 09:12 PM.

Great! Another very good piece of info for us performance junky's. I'm happy to have you share the info with all of us.
    This summer I will be installing a stage 2 ported head and cams. I will try to share it aswell.

Excellent news if possible get some pics of the change over or even a how too 👍👍 thanks for sharing this with us all 👌

Arden Blue / Areo pack / Navi 600 / Xenon AFL lights / DAB /Bluetooth / LED DLR,S/ LED number plate lights
    LED rear lights rear park assist / K&N panel filter
    20" rims 279 BHP
    Miles of Smiles

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast