Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Differences between Supersport and older VXR Brembos

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the difference between Insignia VXR and later Supersport front calipers is? As far as I can tell, it's just the colour of the Brembo sticker, but I thought someone who has first hand experience of these stoppers might be able to clarify?

Thanks in advance.

No difference from memory the car just had the restrictor removed and some revision to the suspension etc

http://media.vauxhall.co.uk/media/gb...frankfurt.html

Astra

They are the same brakes, just the logo is a different colour.
    The speed limiter is removed, and the word "unlimited" appears in the display.
    Rear Suspension and software was changed on the facelift model.
    Last edited by dvinell; 31st March 2015 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks guys. EPC lists the earlier VXR calipers as 'not for Supersport', and I figured that the Brembo sticker colour was likely to be the only difference, but thought it worth double checking with you guys. Cheers m'dears!

Second question: how do you rate the brakes themselves? Discs appear to be horrendously expensive, but I'm considering a brake upgrade for my Irmscher MV6 project (http://www.facebook.com/irmscherMV6) and Insignia VXR stoppers are on my current shortlist of potential candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by humbucker View Post
    Second question: how do you rate the brakes themselves? Discs appear to be horrendously expensive, but I'm considering a brake upgrade for my Irmscher MV6 project (http://www.facebook.com/irmscherMV6) and Insignia VXR stoppers are on my current shortlist of potential candidates.
    Absolute c**p the callipers are quite good but the discs and pads are very weak. A few (Thorney, Regal not sure about Courtney) are offering upgraded discs, pads along with bradded lines and fluid. Don't know prices but not to different on OEM Replacements.

I know Thorney are just about to go to market with theirs you might want to give them a call. I am going up to 6 pot callipers and bigger discs on mine as I am increasing the power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs up

What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesPD1975 View Post
    Absolute c**p the callipers are quite good but the discs and pads are very weak. A few (Thorney, Regal not sure about Courtney) are offering upgraded discs, pads along with bradded lines and fluid. Don't know prices but not to different on OEM Replacements.

I know Thorney are just about to go to market with theirs you might want to give them a call. I am going up to 6 pot callipers and bigger discs on mine as I am increasing the power.

Which brake kit are you using for your six-pot configuration? I have a set of six-shooters on my shortlist (Brembos again), but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    What he said.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by humbucker View Post
    Which brake kit are you using for your six-pot configuration? I have a set of six-shooters on my shortlist (Brembos again), but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
    I am going through Thorney on mine he is using AP Racing I think. However he is coming up with a few options on OEM 4 Pot, upgraded 4 Pot and 6 Pot. Really is best if you call him as I don't want to miss inform you.

But I know a member called Spidasingh had his car in having the 6 pot development work done on his Siggy so maybe drop him a line to see what he had done in the end.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast