Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    No difference from memory the car just had the restrictor removed and some revision to the suspension etc

http://media.vauxhall.co.uk/media/gb...frankfurt.html
    Restrictor?

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glynmitch View Post
    Restrictor?
    Std car limited to 155 mph, super sport around 172mph

In the real world the original 2010 model wasn't limited. I have had 169 MPH on the clock on German Autobahns and I'm not alone in that. I currently drive the 2014 face-lifted model but haven't had the chance yet to squeeze the firewall. I'm sure the maxxed out figure would be the same.

That is a helluva speed for a car like this, and it was as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar when flat out.

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    In the real world the original 2010 model wasn't limited. I have had 169 MPH on the clock on German Autobahns and I'm not alone in that. I currently drive the 2014 face-lifted model but haven't had the chance yet to squeeze the firewall. I'm sure the maxxed out figure would be the same.

That is a helluva speed for a car like this, and it was as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar when flat out.
    Yep I agree had 163 out of mine (tuned) and it had loads left didn't feel like I was near the limit had to lift off as traffic ahead! 😁😁😁😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must say, I went from the Astra J to the siggy vxr and the brakes in comparison are terrible! Astra brembos were ace and I know the insignia's a heavy car n all but still shouldnt be that much diff! I had the callipers professionally sprayed and whilst they were off i put in new pads, braided lines and changed the brake fluid and they are still terrible! I asked the garage to bleed them again which they said they did but still no good! Is it just mine or are the insignia brakes generally pants?

Pants. But this is a two ton car

Default Differences between Supersport and older VXR Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by Dows View Post
    I must say, I went from the Astra J to the siggy vxr and the brakes in comparison are terrible! Astra brembos were ace and I know the insignia's a heavy car n all but still shouldnt be that much diff! I had the callipers professionally sprayed and whilst they were off i put in new pads, braided lines and changed the brake fluid and they are still terrible! I asked the garage to bleed them again which they said they did but still no good! Is it just mine or are the insignia brakes generally pants?
    Yep they are rubbish, discs and pads the weakest link....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

I'm offering AP 6 pot kits for £1,800 for the Astra H currently. The price wouldn't be too different if someone wants to be a guinea pig?

We haven't designed one for the Insignia yet as need a hub and wheel or a car to do the initial design work.

Kits would include:
    AP forged 6 Pot calipers (CP9040)
    Disc size would depend on wheel size, but either 355 or 362 x 32mm
    2 x Custom bells
    2 x Custom brackets
    Braided lines
    DS2500 brake pads
    AP 5.1 brake fluid

VXRed

is it not just the automatics that are restricted?

Has anyone tried upgraded discs and pads? I don't want to change the calipers and rotor diameter as this is an automatic MOT failure here in Denmark, but I can use upgraded discs - do they make a difference? The standard brakes feel sort of mushy when i push them to the limit - the car stops, but it doesn't feel entirely well mannered.

BTW.: I had mine (2010 Sports Tourer) on a german autobahn last week (I have 50 miles to the nearest unrestricted autobahn ) and it did 270 kph on the speedo before I had to lift off - which registered as 254 kph on a GPS readout, so I am not too sure that Opel/VX have been completely honest with the restrictor. But then again, my parents 530d will do 270 on the speedo (not that I've tried of course) so I think they generally set the restrictor a bit on the high side to avoid germans complaining about their car only doing 245 kph - because if you live in germany, 250 kph on the autobahn is comparable to a human right!
    And as AJG wrote, the car was rock solid! I tried maxing out my Vectra and it was a scary experience - but the Siggy just takes it in its stride... No doubt that this car was designed with high speed cruising in mind!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast