Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Ramair's BRAND NEW soon to be released intake..

Phoned Ramair earlier regarding their three new intake applications that they are currently developing for the Corsa VXR which are soon to be released. From what I gathered, they are developing:

- a dry foam panel filter application (MAF safe)
    - an updated version of their open induction kit
    - a full intake application with heat shield which "..is aimed at the more serious car enthusiast.." and "..capable of delivering exceptional air flow to high-powered engines with superior filtration.. whilst reducing heat soak.."

I also asked about how their filters compare to the Pipercross equivalents as they are broadly similar. I was told that Pipercross uses a lower quality source of foam in their filters which degrades over time and is weakened every time the filter is serviced. Also how most of their filters are just universal applications with slight alteration to fit certain vehicles whereas Ramair develop each filter application specifically for the vehicle in mind to ensure that it performs optimally when applied.

Obviously I'm aware that most of this is more than likely just marketing bumf. However, during this development, there will be DYNO comparisons to support the claims of increased power and improved driveability so I'm told.

One of the main reasons I'm looking forward to this intake kit is because, as far as I'm aware, this is the first intake application that has been specifically developed for the Corsa VXR with the exception of the Dbilas Flowmaster which is just an over priced air box that performs no more efficiently that a panel filter with an air feed IMO.

On a side note, yesterday I swapped out my paper element filter for a Pipercross panel filter which I was given for free. Cleaned it with warm, soapy water then oiled it with WD40 as I didn't have the service kit to hand. The only things I've noticed is a slight increase in throttle response and the recirculation valve dumping. The centre of the filter has also collapsed away from the rubber lattice. Most certainly not worth the £30-£48 these performance panel filters cost when new so I'll be swapping back to my paper element filter which, surprisingly, is still relatively clean after 5000 miles of use and does a better job of filtering IMO. I'll start to think about upgrading my intake once the standard setup becomes too restrictive when up in the realms of Stage 2 and beyond.

Ramair are also developing these three new intake applications for the Astra H VXR & J VXR with the dry foam panel filters having already been released.

sounds good did they say a rough price

VXRed

Yeah should be good. Nah he didn't give me a price but I imagine about £40-£120 between the three.

Closed Thread