+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Astra

VXR enough

after all the work you have done pal I still cant believe you are running stock power , even a generic remap will improve the car no end but each to their own I guess lol

if I need more performance I use this

I keep looking at those. Hold their price well these days. Is that the turbo or the 2.2?

The turbos running stage 3 must be a bit rapid. ....
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

The best thing about the vx220 is they hold their value very well, the mint cars are only going up in value.

Mine has a 2.5 litre throttle bodied engine and an Alfa Romeo 6 speed M32 with Drexler LSD, currently produces 270 bhp. It's very quick and easily beats a standard J vxr.
    I build engines as a hobby so obviously wanted something special for my own car, one day the J might too.

The biggest problem is handling big power in a FWD car, the vx220 could have 550bhp and still not be bothered. I'm looking at installing the Insignia 4x4 system first, but thats a few years off yet and I would need a donor car to get everything required.
    Last edited by vocky; Today at 03:09 PM.

Today I ran the Infinity loom to the Navi950 control box, I had to strip half the dash out to run the loom neatly

rear speaker area

I forgot to take any photos of the dash, but basically the speedo, radio panel, trim below the steering column, etc, had to come out.

Hopefully have the VCI done this week

Quote Originally Posted by vocky View Post
    Today I ran the Infinity loom to the Navi950 control box, I had to strip half the dash out to run the loom neatly

rear speaker area

I forgot to take any photos of the dash, but basically the speedo, radio panel, trim below the steering column, etc, had to come out.

Hopefully have the VCI done this week
    See here's where for me this would go beyond fun and into frustration territory .... lol

Quote Originally Posted by vocky View Post
    The best thing about the vx220 is they hold their value very well, the mint cars are only going up in value.

Mine has a 2.5 litre throttle bodied engine and an Alfa Romeo 6 speed M32 with Drexler LSD, currently produces 270 bhp. It's very quick and easily beats a standard J vxr.
    I build engines as a hobby so obviously wanted something special for my own car, one day the J might too.

The biggest problem is handling big power in a FWD car, the vx220 could have 550bhp and still not be bothered. I'm looking at installing the Insignia 4x4 system first, but thats a few years off yet and I would need a donor car to get everything required.
    Yes they are going up. However the top bucks are really Gonna be in the unmolested examples. Doing all that which you suggest won't be ideal for the value. At 270 bhp it must be the turbo?

I'd leave the astra if I were you. You already have the perfect performance basis with the vx220 (mid engined, rwd, lightweight). So anything the astra gets is gonna seem slow in comparison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8