Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Fault Light P2261 Recirculating Turbo Bypass Valve

Hey Guys,

So this light which is a car and spanner has been on my dash for too long now the fault says recirculating turbo bypass valve and when i change gear or take my foot off the accelerator a weird 'turkey noise' happens. I have replaced the valve to a better 'Forge' steel one and had the fault code wiped. Now the noise is better and makes a more normal sound but the fault warning light is still coming on and off, it seems to come on in the higher gears more than when I'm accelerating. When the light is off though my car does feel a lot more responsive!!! Does anyone have any suggestions as it is really annoying me now!

When i mentioned it to vauxhall they didn't really know what it could be but i was getting my gearbox sorted at the time which is a bigger problem so it is going back in on thursday. They said to me that i may need a new ECU as there is a live feed there which shouldn't be there, and this could some how have something to do with the problem.

Any help would be great because i have spent a lot on my car on just fixing it and i do not want to sell it lol! Thanks

VXRed

Has the vacuum pipe popped of the vacuum box @ rear of engine. If your getting turkey noises thats prob your issue. Bypass that box completly. There is a mod for it

VXRed

Vauxhall have said they have checked the car and recon I need a new ecu as there is a live turning the light on which it shouldn't do. My mate said he thinks that's wrong and that there was screwed in the turbo which might be in the wrong place due to a rubbish mechanic tampering with it! They quoted me £1400 and then £1300 for suspected flywheel and another £400 for rear shock absorbers!!! Has anyone had this problem before about the ecu please? Or I'll have no choice but to sell once fixed

VXRed

Vac Pipe, Recirc Valve or Boost Control Solenoid...I'd try all of them before a new ECU

Closed Thread