+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Cool thread.... Load of before and after pics make all the difference
    FRESH Clique 24 (24 hours)
    WG Motorworks - RABBID REMAP
    Ko6 Turbo. 3"Turbo Back custom exhaust De-Cat - KW V2 Coilovers Porsche Brakes
    331 BHP Fully forged - Fast Road Cams - Plus Williams Clio 3

Lovin your work.

VXRed

Nice

Todays jobs, apart from dodging the showers was to start stripping the front brakes.

I was aware the discs were past their best as they have been stood for about 12 months in the elements , so first job remove rusty caliper and brake pads (with only a few thousand miles left on them)....

Then try and remove disc - retaining screw was very tight - infact after a few "choice" words it just decided to round off in protest !!!

So do I drill out and then try and get the threads out or do I break the MIG welder out - I think you know the answer to this...

After a buzz with the welder, the offending screw finally gave up its none moving state and screwed out without hassle.....

Next job was to beat the disc off - it was rusted to the flange so a few swift hammer blows - lots of rust flakes and it was off ...

I then removed the damper and noticed behind the scuttle panel that there was sufficient gunge and decaying matter to grow a healthy crop of King Edwards....

A job to be tackled in due course.

Onto the new brakes - cleaned up a spare pair of calipers from my 2010 Meriva so were in good condition - decided to go with red (this was the first hammerite tin I found !)....

They need a second coat before they will look anything like .

Also cleaned up and hammerited the spare dampers which I have in stock which are in better condition ...

Also sourced so new inner track rods and ends which rocked up yesterday....

Enjoy !

Joff
    Last edited by joff-turbo-nova; 31st May 2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Still not doing standard
    Meriva Z20LET/LEH project

Bloody hell can tell that's lived near the sea all the rusty salt damage sure will all look cracking when you've worked your magic on it

Quote Originally Posted by MervVxr View Post
    Bloody hell can tell that's lived near the sea all the rusty salt damage sure will all look cracking when you've worked your magic on it
    Not really - lived its life in Wakefield and came originally from Harratts on Denby Dale Road, Wakefield. Its been stood outside my house for just over 12 months, and hasn't been used on the road since September 2013 , so the discs have just rusted away from being in the rain, sleet and snow - I'm 6 miles from the sea so its not that either .

Seems quite clean underneath with no major issues I have found so far. I think I will drop the engine bed out and give it a couple of coats of hammerite and change the roll bar bushes and lower arms whilst its out.

Joff
    Still not doing standard

Love the omega elites! My neighbour has them on his Zaffy A and I've always wondered how they'd look on my astra!

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

oh right I see yea adverse weather has a habit of doing that also.

my dads got a ford fusion that lived its life in dunbar until it made its way south and that looked a minter bodywork and underneath but when we replace the clutch the discs looked like yours on there and the pads the friction material had separated from the plate every bolt snapped when removing the suspension but shock and spring looked brand new and the brake pipes was pretty much none existence they had perished so much saying that didn't have any leaks.
    that's why I had my suspicion's lol.

VXRed

Looking Good Joff.From a OPC Club SA member

Quick update whilst I am dodging showers .....

Finished off the front brake calipers.....

Also worked on the new (to me) front nearside wing - had a couple of very small dings which needed attention....

This came last week from Germany - its called a Warnblinker !

Wanted to keep OEM for the heated seats- talking of which I managed to find yesterday a U-pull-it at Full Sutton a mk5 Astra with heated seats, so liberated the a pair of seat plugs....

Which gave me these two plugs which fit nicely in the meriva seat plug - straight plug and play !

Whilst at U-pull-it I found a Meriva with rear electric windows and liberated this for £14.40 ....

I've changed the plastic slider and window insert for new items and lubed them up as the old ones were a bit brittle...

The reason for this is that the rear n/s window drops and does not work at all. I pulled the door card off to reveal someone had been here before...

And had tried to fix the mechanism before (and failed) - bolted back on with screws (rather than riveted back on)....

The mechanism has disintegrated and the cable is all loose ...

Looking up inside the door ....

Also got one of the front damper units rebuilt - and then realised I had forgotten to put the bump stop back in - doh !!

Also got busy last week making up some special bespoke trophies for the PNG Club stand at VBOA Billing. We have 6 categories - Best Bodged , Best Engineered, Most Likely to Break Down, Show & Shine, Highest Miles and Best all rounder - come and vote on the stand and if you match the winning nova's you can will a 2016 Billing VBOA weekend pass.

That's it for now - engine bed and o/s damper, brakes and caliper coming off if I can get the weather to behave...

Joff
    Last edited by joff-turbo-nova; 21st June 2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Still not doing standard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast