Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tallguy View Post
    Call James at Elite near Bordon. He has a very nice red, 09 plate LS3 with 74K on the clock for sale. Full history, Walkinshaw bi-modal exhaust and it goes lovely. I should know, I owned it until I sold it to him 10 days ago.
    Tallguy,

Yeah this is the one I am looking at. I went and viewed it on Saturday.

I think I have decided to go with the LS3 now.

It is between your one and the one going on Excell Cars.

Why did you sell it?
    Do you know of anything consumable on it that may need replacing soon? e.g. brake pads. Save me paying for an RAC inspection as someone else mentioned (good advice BTY)

Try it, buy it. You'll never regret it

09 LS3, Monkfish FSH and switchable catback, 32k, miles, cost me 17 grand two years ago.

Besides the catback, try to get one with LS7 clutch upgrade and TR6060 gearbox upgrade if looking for a manual, with plenty of meat on the brake pads, disks and tyres.
    Give it a good spanking on the test drive. If manual and the clutch pedal sticks to the floor after hard acceleration, the clutch is shot and needs replacing.
    Check for front judder under braking, might need new disks though they can sometimes be skimmed.
    Listen for exhaust noise around the headers. There are small tags that can rust off and leave holes that need welding. Not an issue for upgraded headers.
    Listen out for suspension knocks - usually control arms, top mounts, droplinks, or a combination. Can just be the brake pads need a 4 quid shim kit.
    Check for undersealing. This is NOT done at the factory.
    Some cars are showing signs of rust along the top/bottom join in the front wings.
    Inspect the rear bumper where the boot lid closes for signs of rippling. Can indicate a rear end bump.
    Check the rear parking sensors aren't pushed in, it's a bumper off job to put them back.
    Check the front fogs and lower driving lights work, a bit pricey to replace.
    Expect stone chips. Leading edges of bonnet and wings harvest them. Check for rusting though.
    Look out for fast flashing indicators. Mot failure right there. Can be just some of the LEDs need replacing or resoldering, can be a new cable IF you can get hold of one. Can be 800 notes for a new light unit.

Otherwise it's the usual things when buying any car. Check everything works, a/c is cold, windows and door locks are all good, cd player works well and can accept up to 6 cds. Usual mechanical stuff, oil and fluid leaks, brake, clutch and coolant levels.

If it feels good, get it checked out. If it feels bad, trust your gut and walk away. There will always be a better one.

Are you VXR enough?

You can have mine for 25 grand but it does have a broken cd player

Are you VXR enough? shunterdarren1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    You can have mine for 25 grand but it does have a broken cd player
    And sticky tape..... small sized piece😁😁
    Your not thinking of selling are you?
    20" HSV GTS Alloys, WP Track Lowered Suspension, WP Power Pack Remap, WP Supercar Exhaust System, AAS X-Pipe, OTR CAI,
    WP Sill Plates, WP Mats, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres, WP Antenna, HSV Light Cover Kit

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by shunterdarren1 View Post
    And sticky tape..... small sized piece😁😁
    Your not thinking of selling are you?
    Sometimes mate just don,t have time to use it ,not even done a 1000 miles in it this year think i,ve only drove it 6 times

Are you VXR enough? shunterdarren1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    Sometimes mate just don,t have time to use it ,not even done a 1000 miles in it this year think i,ve only drove it 6 times
    If your worried about the miles I'll borrow it and put some on it for you😁
    20" HSV GTS Alloys, WP Track Lowered Suspension, WP Power Pack Remap, WP Supercar Exhaust System, AAS X-Pipe, OTR CAI,
    WP Sill Plates, WP Mats, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres, WP Antenna, HSV Light Cover Kit

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by shunterdarren1 View Post
    If your worried about the miles I'll borrow it and put some on it for you😁
    Ye you and many others i bet lol

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2