Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Lots of white smoke from exhaust

Hi, I'm hoping I explain this okay as although I love my cars I am not the most engine savvy aha.

When accelerating or revving at stand still there is lots of (edit)BLUE(edit) smoke coming from the exhaust. If you leave it at idle then rev it blows out in big waves.

Less than 7 months ago I had the turbo replaced along with the manifold after it cracked.

There is quite a lot of oil in the pipe from the intercooler before it goes into the engine.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause the smoke, is it an issue with the turbo? or could this be something else. I'm gonna run it down to my local garage to get an opinion on Tuesday but just wondered if anyone may be able to give any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Harber3; 29th August 2015 at 01:42 AM.

Car drinking coolant? I'm not 100% sure but I thought if it was the turbo it will be blue smoke?
    Regal Inlet Cam, (nice and lumpy idle) Pre Cat Delete, Fully Forged by WG Motorworks (Wosser 86.5mm Pistons, Molnar Conrods, Stem Seal Retainers). Crossover Delete Wtih RAMAIR. Rear Vibra Fast Road Mount, Polybushed front and gearbox mount, MTEC Dimpled and Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads Standard map Toyo PRoxes T1R's X4 @ 245BHP

VXR newbie

Hi, I made a mistake, the smoke is blue, as I wrote it I had just read a thread about white smoke, must have been on my mind.. I've updated the thread. All levels are okay currently. I did have to top the oil up about 150 miles ago, as it had gone down very low very quickly. Usually check it every couple of weeks.

Your description of leaving it idling for a while then giving it a rev, and blue smoke is present suggest that it could possibly be the valve stem seals.
    Mk4 Astra GSi and Corsa D VXR

Clique 16 (unofficial)

Quote Originally Posted by Harber3 View Post
    Hi, I made a mistake, the smoke is blue, as I wrote it I had just read a thread about white smoke, must have been on my mind.. I've updated the thread. All levels are okay currently. I did have to top the oil up about 150 miles ago, as it had gone down very low very quickly. Usually check it every couple of weeks.
    Valve stem seals unfortunately. Common Problem.
    Regal Inlet Cam, (nice and lumpy idle) Pre Cat Delete, Fully Forged by WG Motorworks (Wosser 86.5mm Pistons, Molnar Conrods, Stem Seal Retainers). Crossover Delete Wtih RAMAIR. Rear Vibra Fast Road Mount, Polybushed front and gearbox mount, MTEC Dimpled and Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads Standard map Toyo PRoxes T1R's X4 @ 245BHP

VXR newbie

Okay, appreciate the replies. Do you think I should not drive the car until it is sorted or is it something that could wait a week?

Personally I wouldn't wait.

http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/repair...20-stem-seals/

Read the above link, WG motorworks is good for those type of fixes.

Closed Thread