Closed Thread

Default AFL pointing straight down

Hi,

So my AFL's still move left and right but one of them no longer goes up and down, it is just stuck pointing at the ground...

I'm guessing the motor for the auto levelling has failed as the other light still adjusts fine.

Anyone had this issue or know how the AFL's work? Can I just replace the levelling motor? From what I've found searching I'd have to replace the whole headlight which seems crazy to me and a lot of money.

Thanks
    Josh

VXR Torque of the Devil vxrtricky's Avatar

If you have to replace the light, not sure if you do but they are £250 each I bought mine 2 years ago

mine did this. you can replace the leveling motor. you have to cut/break part of the light housing off to get to it, then it unscrews and theres a little ball joint dude to disconnect. then put the new motor in and cover the hole you made in the housing with the repair kit available from the stealers.

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall...l_afl_replace/

part numbers:

9185793 Levelling motor
    93180336 Repair kit

got mine from Vauxhall World Parts and it came to just under £90 delivered.

(a dremel is really helpful when cutting the hole in the housing)

Perfect thank you! Thats a relief thought I was going to have to replace the whole light. Will give this a go asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh-HL View Post
    Perfect thank you! Thats a relief thought I was going to have to replace the whole light. Will give this a go asap.
    no worries mate, its a bit daunting break the back of the light lol. any probs give us a shout

I had similar issues with mine last year, bought all the parts to replace the motor but few days later it corrected itself and has been fine since, in the mean time you can aim the dropped afl up so its actually usable as a light.
    MK5 VXR - Piper Turbo Back - Bilstien B8 Shocks - Eibach Sportlines - Whiteline RARB - Forge Re-circ( Yellow spring) - CDti intake - Direct feed hose Kit - Forge FMIC - Forge Actuator( Red Spring) - ANSU Fuel Pump - RnD stage 3 remap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDov View Post
    I had similar issues with mine last year, bought all the parts to replace the motor but few days later it corrected itself and has been fine since, in the mean time you can aim the dropped afl up so its actually usable as a light.

mine kept correcting itself on and off for about a year lol, then after 8 weeks of it not correcting i thought "bugger, better actually try and sort this out" lol

Closed Thread