+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

Cheers Mik

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

I'm almost sure it was the pads, don't know how tho and it was Vauxhall that had fitted them when I bought the car, scary

Quote Originally Posted by badboyburt View Post
    Im ordering the same set with the ceramic pads, think it comes in around £505 delivered with the ebay discount then duty when it lands.
    I asked them a couple of questions via ebay.

1. They don't sell pins
    2. I asked if they offered Ferrodo/AP DS2500 pads instead - yes - they can offer "Ferrodo DS Sport pads" which I assume are the DS2500 compound I asked about - would be $899 with the discs instead of $659 (£415 vs £305).

Guys name was Andy if that helps.

Seriously considering a set of these now....

I asked them about pins aswell Mik lol

New message from: zoomzoomautoparts (4,900Red Star)

G'day there,

They don't come with pins but the pads do have shims.

Cheers

All the best,

Andy G

Ive gone with the ceramics.

VXRed blooded

Seem like a good price if the ceramic pads do give off less dust that would be another plus point in itself lol.

A bit more research and Ferrodo "DS Sport" are apparently DS2000 "fast road" compound as opposed to DS2500, so I've decided to try the "carbon pads" that come with this package too.

I'm certain DBA's are superior discs, but with a house move coming up pennies need to be looked, after so I'm happy to give these a try.... They might be epic!

I'll be buying new pins and anti-rattle shims however - doesnt matter what is on the back o the pads - they will rattle in the callipers without these in my experience.

And if you haven't had your calliper pins out for a while - or not kept them greased up - b prepared for a battle! . Stupid design....
    Last edited by mik_ok; 30th September 2015 at 12:06 AM.

Ordered brake set up yesterday, just ordered the pins/shim kit this morning.

Once Ive sourced Lowering springs then Ill be ringing Neil at NWJ to get it booked in.

VXRed blooded

How big of a job is it to clean/grease the pins? Is it just a 5 min job if they aren't seized seems silly if it's and easy job not too keep on top of them.

Extremely easy job - biggest hassle is getting the wheel off for access. Once you've done that they pop in and out extremely easily - 2-3 minutes at each caliper to clean them and regrease each end.

The trouble is - once the two metals have started to react and cause corrosion - nightmare. I bought my car when it was 18m old, and I didn't find out this was a weak area for another year, so mine were already stuck. When it needed it's first pad change I therefore left it to the garage. (KevBridgend - he knew what he was doing!).

My pins and spacer shims arrived today, but I didn't order enough pins ffs, I ordered 2 front and 2 rear thinking it was per pair but it's per pin so will need another lot, unless the old pins can be reused?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast