Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Unhappy HELP! :( Mechanical Advice Needed!!

Hi everyone,

Recently picked up my first VXR, a Corsa VXR In Arden Blue and I'm in love with it in everyway! definitely putting smiles on my face everytime I drive it. I picked it up a week ago and have since done 3/400 miles in it.

When I pull away I get a squeaking noise coming from the front end under load almost like brakes binding time of squeak only lasts for 1 second, the car will only do it under harsh acceleration and I can avoid it doing this by setting off like a granny and then giving it some later on.. It will only do this noise from a standstill if I'm already rolling dip the clutch and then give it some it will not do it at all also it will not make this noise if I do it with the handbrake on? The clutch and box is smooth as butter all way through setting off and through the gears no juddering etc..? Just abit baffled...? Just so off putting when spending my savings on something nice!

Thanks

VXRed

could it not be that the brake assist is still on as takes a second to come off even after you take your foot off the brake?

so if your holding your brake pedal down then give it some straight away the brake assist will still have the brakes locked on?

I'm no mechanic but from what you have said there when it does not do it with the handbrake on or any other way then that's what I think it could be.

No doubt someone may correct me haha.

VXR newbie

Yeah I thought that but I've tried that waiting for the brake assist to disengage after 5 seconds and it still does it? Had a couple of mechanics say different things. One said it won't do it because the handbrake isn't making the clutch take the full load of the car upon take off? But I thought in essence it would be taking more of a load under handbrake? Just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem.

What mileage are you on? A squeal while pulling off has been known to be a tired clutch.
    Arden Corsa VXR

VXR newbie

52,000 !

If it's done that mileage in stop/start traffic, then I'd imagine it's the clutch.

The squeal could be the dual mass trying to compensate for the slack. 'Possibly' anyway, impossible to diagnose a car over the Internet, but your symptoms sound about right for clutch.
    Arden Corsa VXR

I had a similar problem! That weird sound when pulling away. When I got my engine forged I had the clutch changed at the same time. I haven't heard that sound since!

Infact, this post has reminded me that I actually had that weird sound when pulling away. I believe it is exactly what C16 VXR has said!

VXRed

More than likely the clutch release bearing, see this thread

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...en-pulling-off

and/or search for other threads on the same topic, pretty sure this is your problem mate.

Closed Thread