Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mid life crisis. VXR Astra

Hi. Just traded in the astra 2.0 ltr SRI for a 11 plate (reg 2012) power red Astra VXR. Looks like previous owner looked after it as 25k miles and 19 inch alloys have rim guards fitted. Bought near Leeds, is this your old car ? Admit to mid life crisis but why not!. Drive 40 miles each way to work (m way and A roads) and car is dream to drive. Getting 33 to gallon. Don't understand lettering system on this site - Astra J ???? Explain please.😂

Welcome aboard VxrO fella, fully understand the midlife crisis thing

As for lettering, it's all about the "version" of the vehicle in its development and appearance.

The Astra-J is the current model / version body whereas the Astra-H is the version which preceded it, etc etc. and similarly with the other vehicles from the manufacturer

HTH
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Cheers mate. So I have an Astra H. Fancied the new model but £15k to drive to work and 25 to gallon didn't make sense.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Astra-H Vxr mate. They are gorgeous motors which go like s*** off a shovel

Enjoy your "crisis" pal, I'm handling mine with a 3.2 Vectra and an engine just rebuilt that I'm picking up today .. woohoo

Mind you I am "cheating" a little, and running it on LPG at half the price of the other juice
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

nice one. I am putting the bedroom ceiling back in to my 1750 cottage. If you mentioned VXR in those days you were burned as a witch. Hope the new engine goes ok.

Nice one

Get some pictures up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

VXR enough

Welcome, don't blame you may as well get smiles per gallon on your way to work

Wouldn't a 2012 VXR be an Astra J? I thought they stopped building the H in 2010.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / K&N / Full 3" Piper Exhaust / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB / OSV Bumper Grilles / Yellow Foglights
    CS Mapped 242BHP / 292Ft.lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Noxious89123 View Post
    Wouldn't a 2012 VXR be an Astra J? I thought they stopped building the H in 2010.
    11 Plate would be one of the last H's

Welcome along, hell of a midlife crisis, warning that sport button is hella tempting.
    White VXR Clubsport.

had fun wi my sports button last 5 days went through lot ov petrol but boy did i have fun nd hopefully didnt get clocked
    arden blue

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast