Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Thumbs up Ross - Astra VXRacing #493 - ***Pic Heavy***

Hi All!

Been a member of VXROnline for quite some time now and keep meaning to post a progress thread on my VXR's. I recently owned a Corsa VXR Nurburgring (Grasshopper Green - Best Colour ). Really liked the car especially the looks and Recaros! Eventually i felt like I wanted something more that I could do up and make even quicker so I purchased my Astra VXR Racing a few months back.

Details on the car: 59 Plate, 17.000 miles on the clock!, no mods from standard, 1 owner previous. Obviously the price came with it lol!

Have made some good progress on the car since it was purchased so here goes:

This was my previous Burg shining away!

This is how she looked when I picked her up:

The car was in really good nick, no knocks or problems with it! On the front V-Grille the lacquer was peeling off and it looked like someone had tried to patch it in! As a perfectionist i wanted to get it right so it was soon resprayed:

I saw some of you other guys with the black v-grille and really liked the look. It came out really well. I also didn't get why the put blue calipers on them from standard? I had these changed to Red too to match the car.

I had some plans for the car before even buying so wanted to get working on it straight away.

I put the standard mod - pipercross air filter on:

Next in line was the exhaust system. I looked and looked on the internet to find the best 'Turbo Back' system for the car and couldn't make my mind up. I took a drive over to a local exhaust place near me to get an idea what they could do. I ended up getting a straight through - decat / pre-cat removal on the beast!

Goodbye cats:

System being fitted:

After playing around with the sound I wanted I could not put up with the straight pipe front to back with no backbox / silencers. Anyone who has this deserves a medal because it was too flipping loud!!! Keeping the old system to fit for the MOT.

The system is now fitted pre-cat straight through to the standard back-box. Its got everything you would want including the pops and bangs (especially when cold). I wanted a new tailpipe too because I hate the look of the standard one, heres how it looked once fitted:

It finally fits the diffuser perfectly and make a hell of a noise! Lets just say its a head turner haha!

As you all know once it had the exhaust system it needed a remap to get it calibrated up. Visited a company - Midland Remaps (Really decent guys there) and went for a stage 2 on the VXR.

Here she is on the dyno:

Currently running 275BHP after the remap and 325 pounds of torque.

Now the next step is to get an AIRTEC intercooler as the map has been uprated to 285BHP ready for this to be fitted. Just waiting on the funds now to get it!

Put the VXRONLINE stickers on:

Also added Carbon side repeater surrounds:

I love taking care of my cars and making them look as shiny as possible! I have pretty much the whole autoglym set so it is very well looked after!

Cleaning work done so far:

* Complete autoglym clay bar
    * Too many layers of polish!
    * Machine polish and buff.
    * Meguiars Liquid Wax Sealant.
    * High Definition Gloss - Autoglym.
    * A good clean every weekend.

You might be able to tell the shine from the pictures anyway but heres a few more:

I'm out for cruises quite a lot too so heres a pic of me and my mates in theirs, the clio is a Garrett build and I can keep up with it level pegging

More progress to follow as it is done! Let me know your thoughts.

Next mods:

* Front Splitter
    * Side Skirt Extensions
    * Diffuser Fins.
    * Intercooler
    * Iridium Sparks
    * HIDS...?
    * Lowering Springs..?
    * Interior Lighting

I'm definitely up for going to shows next year and will have it ready by spring / summer. Would like to be on the stand for VXROnline hopefully next year if I can get on it?

More to follow

great little read keep us updated car looks wicked aswell
    arden blue

VXR Torque of the Devil cklrossi's Avatar

Looks good fella
    Arden Astra VXR WGM350 stage 4.5
    Progress thread.......Instagram Chris.Lee 1973 http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...uilt-Astra-VXR
    W G Motorworks

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Coming along nicely pal!

Motor looks proper gleaming too!
    PSN - ItzMrGoodKat

Instagram - ItzMrGoodKat

VXRed

Thanks all, any advice / thoughts appreciated

VXR Torque of the Devil vxrtricky's Avatar

So the map has been changed ready for when your fmic is fitted? Never heard of that before

VXR Torque of the Devil cklrossi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vxrtricky View Post
    So the map has been changed ready for when your fmic is fitted? Never heard of that before
    Missed that ! Odd
    Arden Astra VXR WGM350 stage 4.5
    Progress thread.......Instagram Chris.Lee 1973 http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...uilt-Astra-VXR
    W G Motorworks

Quote Originally Posted by cklrossi View Post
    Missed that ! Odd
    Quote Originally Posted by vxrtricky View Post
    Yeah Rabbid mapped mine to 420bhp last time ready for the garret I'm putting on soon 😜

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

VXRed

Yeah i was told with the remap he would up-rate it ready for the intercooler once fitted? Apparently will run at around 285bhp once installed. To be honest guys I'm also wondering about silicone hoses etc. I will look at getting a set for the engine bay but have no idea what to buy as don't know the technical terms for half of the pipes! Any advice?
    VXRacing #493, Straight Piped, Stage 2, Pipercross Air Filter, 275bhp,

!The Polished Beast!

VXR Torque of the Devil vxrtricky's Avatar

my advice would be get the map checked by somebody else. you can increase the map ready for new hardware. just asking for problems,

also with a cooler at s3 you should get closer to 300

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast