Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default De-cat where to buy one

Been looking for a de-cat hard to find are they been made yet?

Pretty sure you have to get it cut out and weld in a straight piece of pipe but i could be wrong.

The primary cat, ie the one behind the turbo, you can smash the internal ceramic parts of it out, but you do need to take the downpipe off the car to do this, which is a pain of a job to do, but is certainly do able, and you will need to put a spacer onto the second lambda sensor so that you don't get any error messages which by the way you would still have to do if you paid the £300 for one from Courtenys, the second cat can certainly be cut out and replaced with a piece of exhaust tube with the appropriate sleeves either end.

A decent exhaust fabricator can make a pre cat delete pipe without much fuss or cost.
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

VXRed

I never heard of putting a spacer in? How? You would have thought they woulda started making them. I'm wanting to free up some of the v6 sound

For more noise remove the silencers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

Quote Originally Posted by Vekky View Post
    I never heard of putting a spacer in? How? You would have thought they woulda started making them. I'm wanting to free up some of the v6 sound
    If you search for "lambda spacer" on ebay you will find a wide choice of types, there are two lambda sensors or O2 sensors, (same thing) one before the primary cat and one after, when the primary cat is still in place they read different values, but once that cat has been removed then they read the same value, which throws up the engine management light, with an emission fault code, by putting the spacer in on the second sensor it reads a different value to the first sensor and keeps the fault light off on the dashboard..

Well worth doing sounds great when done!
    [

VXRed

Here here, I love the sound of mine with no cats

Closed Thread