Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VXR Newbie!!

Default VXR Newbie!!

Hi there!

I thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Martin, I live in Nottingham and am the proud owner of an 06, black Astra VXR with the following spec:

Xenon lights
    Rear parking sensors
    IDS+
    Cruise control
    Climate control

It's covered 62k with one previous owner and is a standard car. After a long history of Fords (RS Turbos and Cosworths) I've also owned 2 x Calibra turbos and I've now had my Astra for a little over 4 months and I love it!

I look forward to chatting to you at some point

All the best

Martin

Hi Martin welcome to the forum, car looks really good, nice and clean. Any plans for this or leaving it stock all the best!

Thank you!

Body wise I'd quite like to put some gunmetal 19's on, I like the way they set a black car off - although I've heard from some people that the H chassis is better suited to the 18's...

Engine wise I'll be going for a turbo back piper exhaust, FMIC, enhanced performance direct feed air intake, pre cat de cat and a remap (probably from Courtenay Sport) when my turbo gives up the ghost I'll stick a K06 hybrid on too. That'll all be after Xmas though or the wife will kill me! Lol

Yeah 19s look good but I'd have to agree, I have the 19s on mine and they look good but I have ridden in an Astra with 18s and the ride did feel better on the 18s. Good luck with the plans looks like you got a cracker to work on!

Thanks mate, I held out when I was buying. I was originally looking for Arden blue but when this one came along I fell in love with it.

I did test drive a couple with the 19's and the ride did feel a little harsher - it's not my daily driver though so I'm wondering if the ride quality will be outweighed by how good they look lol!

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Looks ace mate! Love the AFLs
    PSN - ItzMrGoodKat

Instagram - ItzMrGoodKat

Thumbs up

Thanks bud!

Yeah Arden is the best colour but I may be biased yeah mine is just a weekend toy and I find that the 19s are fine for weekend use but I think they would annoy me for a daily

VXRed blooded

welcome to vxr online ,looks similar to mine although I have the 19" wheels,nice clean car and my fav colour

Thank you mate

It's a pain to keep clean, but when it is clean it looks like a mirror!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast