Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boost gauges?!

Default Boost gauges?!

Hello.

I bought a VXR yesterday and I want to put some boost gauges in the dash. is this a hard job to get working also how much will it cost and where can I get the boost gauge from as there seems to be a lot of cheap rubbish about.

Please help!

thanks!

Rather than asking loads of questions search old threads as its been asked a thousand times.
    Why do I want a boost gauge ?
    You don't have adjustable boost so what's it going to tell you ? Tbh on a vxr they are a gimmic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=151879

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jiron14 View Post
    Hello.

I bought a VXR yesterday and I want to put some boost gauges in the dash. is this a hard job to get working also how much will it cost and where can I get the boost gauge from as there seems to be a lot of cheap rubbish about.

Please help!

thanks!
    There are loads of threads on gauges and the 3 gauge conversions offered by some members.

Don't agree that a gauge is a 'gimmick' though, as it will help problem solve and if you do any tuning it will be useful. Id go for the 3 gauge conversion as it looks the most OEM and gives you water and oil temp as well

Water and oil temps make sense but no one really tunes their own car most people have car mapped. We don't have manual boost controllers so we can't do anything with it anyway and if your driving the car u know weather it's boasting right or not. On some cars they make sense it's just on a vxr it's fixed levels do wouldn't bother. Each to their own tho

PM addvxr on here, he does 3 gauge conversions and fitting.
    Big Build Astra VXR Instagram - Mattyslost[/COLOR]

Im looking to have AFR, Oil Temp and then either Water temp or maybe boost. Agree it isnt going to tell you much and there is no boost controller on it, but can be a neat little touch if you have it.

Not a fan of the 3 gauge in the center console though, prefer the a-pillar holders although can be a bit in your face. Thankfully mine isnt a daily
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

I have a boost controller because I'm awesome 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboi90 View Post
    I have a boost controller because I'm awesome 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    how have you wired that in then? didnt think it could be done on these?
    Arden Astra VXR/Millteck Race double decat/FMIC/direct route/Pipercross cone/forge recirc/Courtenay actuator/XEV inlet cam/EDS Inlet manifold/Blue&Red SMD/L.E.D footwell lights/Roof, Spoiler, bootstrip & mirrors wrapped satin black/gloss black door strip grille and lower splitter/18" TD 1.2s/MTEC short shifter/stage 3.5 SMTuned/Ignition cut/braided brake lines/dimpled&grooved discs/ferrodo ds2500 pads/pioneer double din/JL W6 12" sub

It can be done on anything but you just shouldn't. Have the car tuned and set to boost levels the car can cope with then leave it and just have sport mode either on or off to control the throttle response

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast