Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dip in power

correct me if i'am wrong ,but did both your cars have a software update to do with fuel economy , did the cars have a dip in power before this ????

BUZZ BLUE GTC VXR mid life crisis & loving every minute.

VXR enough

Not heard of that software update. Maybe it was done at the September service. Will have to check with my dealer. My problems started about a month ago then went away, then came back. The engine went into limp mode and then remained in it until I got home. The next time I started the car, the problem had gone away. It would all happen again a half dozen or so start-ups later. Vx say that fixing this problem is not covered by the Lifetime Warranty. I managed to get hold of a copy of the Technical Service Bulletin. The Tech Services Bulletin states that the "Air Cleaner Cover not produced to specification". I read this to mean that Vx fitted a Non-Spec part at build time which has an adverse effect on the car's published performance...........and they expect me to pay???!!! At the bottom of the TSB it also says that "The regular Warranty and Policy Procedures apply. I wonder what that means!! I think this actually contravenes my legal rights under the Sale of Goods Act or the Consumer Rights Act 2015. My dealer is taking this up with Vx on my behalf. Will keep you all informed as to what happens as others may get the same from Vx. Oh, and my car is 'as built'!!

Is there a number of this bulletin? Is there anywere to read alla the Bulletins that are released?
    Last edited by Jakal; 8th January 2016 at 11:40 AM.

VXR enough

Don't think they number them, which does seem odd!

VXRed

Yes both cars did dip in power before the software up date been make complaints about mine for months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

So what your saying both my cars could be affected buy this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

Just got my car back after taking it in for power loss a second time. They found the intake camshaft position actuator was malfunctioning. They replaced it and so far the car seems to be behaving itself!! That filter cover replacement was a total waste of time and money. Got to talk to Customer Services to see why they originally insisted I pay 60% of the cost of fitting of an incorrectly manufactured part, that when fitted, didn't fix the fault anyway!!

VXRed blooded

Can see that in your case replacing the cover does not appear to have been necessary, and agree that you should not have to pay anything to replace something that does not seem to have been manufactured correctly.

Thanks for posting the TSB. Can't help thinking there is something strange about this air filter housing cover issue, for why would it suddenly start causing an issue on these engines after many miles driven, sufficient to persuade Opel/Vauxhall to raise a TSB, apart from in combination with the filter cartridge gradually getting blocked or distorted? I sense there might be more to this issue than is yet realised.

Another thing is that the part number 13354904 on the TSB for the replacement air filter housing cover is not the same as what appears to be part number 13472783 on the cover on my late 2014 car at the location arrowed on the photo below, with the third digit imprinted on a raised plastic stud. Might it be possible to check and let me know what the number on yours is in this location, and if any of the numbers are on a raised plastic stud, I'm presuming the number on yours will be 13354904?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb6rr0c2uj...umber.pdf?dl=0
    Last edited by Carbon Flash; 23rd January 2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: URL correction and inserted additional comments

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by robertshephard View Post
    Don't think they number them, which does seem odd!
    hi bulitin number for air filter mod is 3107 .... I have a pic of the bulitin on my phone, will try and upload it at some point, it was in the wg motors vxr thread a year or so ago not sure if its still there

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2