+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow sports!

Cool Snow sports!

So we all share love for our cars but wondered if many people on here were into any snow sports? Skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, cross country, walking etc....

I'm a skier myself- have skied the last 8 years and have done two working seasons in Austria during the winter and Switzerland in the summer between.

Anyone getting away this year or were away last? I'm heading out to Les 2 Alpes on Satruday... never been before and can't wait!

Hope to find some fellow snow bums among the forum!

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Default Snow sports!

Skier myself,

Had one week in CERVINIA in Dec,

Off for two weeks on sat, 4 days in Las Vegas followed by 10 days skiing in Breckinridge, vail, copper and keystone

May get some extra days in, as I have a epic session pass which covers a few ski areas - http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes...ocal-pass.aspx

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 7th January 2016 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vr55vxr View Post
    Skier myself,

Had one week in CERVINIA in Dec,

Off for two weeks on sat, 4 days in Las Vegas followed by 10 days skiing in Breckinridge, vail, copper and keystone

May get some extra days in, as I have a epic session pass which covers a few ski areas - http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes...ocal-pass.aspx

This is awesome- that'll be some trip! I want to ski America & Canada but haven't yet found myself in the situation to do so... I will get out there!!

The epic pass sounds spot on. Lucky you 😃

You much of a powder monkey? Dumping a fresh 2 meters before we get to Les 2 Alpes so I reckon my big skis will be coming with me this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
    Octavia VRS TSI MK3

Default Snow sports!

Quote Originally Posted by baillie89 View Post

You much of a powder monkey? Dumping a fresh 2 meters before we get to Les 2 Alpes so I reckon my big skis will be coming with me this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did Japan a few years ago, we had power snow up to our waists - so to answer you question yes

Snowboarding for me and love it! only done it confidently for 8 months or so. Been to snowbombing-Mayrhofen, Austria and rise festival-les Deux alpes, France so far...
    Last edited by J-D-M-VXR; 7th January 2016 at 08:43 PM.

VXR Torque of the Devil DanTheManc's Avatar

Snowboarder.

I'm going Les Arcs in February with my mate. He goes away at least once a year and we used to board regularly a few years back. I sold all my gear and few years back and I haven't done it for a while. I'm looking forward to getting out there in 6 weeks!

The best place I've been is Banff in Canada. Unbelievable for boarding and such a nice place to spend a couple of weeks.
    Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManc View Post
    Snowboarder.

The best place I've been is Banff in Canada. Unbelievable for boarding and such a nice place to spend a couple of weeks.
    Banff is ok, when I when it was extremely cold - biggest issue is that you have to take transport to Sunshine (20 mins away) and Lake Louise (45 mins away).

Quote Originally Posted by vr55vxr View Post
    Did Japan a few years ago, we had power snow up to our waists - so to answer you question yes

Japan is something else- my friend took a trip out there and stayed for the season. The amount of snow they had was just incredible... was so jealous!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-D-M-VXR View Post
    Snowboarding for me and love it! only done it confidently for 8 months or so. Been to snowbombing-Mayrhofen, Austria and rise festival-les Deux alpes, France so far...
    I've only ever tried snowboarding once and didn't have the patience to learn from the beginning as I could already ski... so the board quickly left my feet and was back on my two planks .. Snowbombing looks awesome- I've never been but would love to go.
    How did you like Les Deux Alpes? That's where I'm flying out to tomorrow
    Been all over in Austria- worked in Saalbach/Hinterglemm, the Skiwelt (stayed in Söll), St Anton, Niederau/Oberau, Kitzbühel, Zell am See/Kaprun... Loved it in Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManc View Post
    Snowboarder.

I'm going Les Arcs in February with my mate. He goes away at least once a year and we used to board regularly a few years back. I sold all my gear and few years back and I haven't done it for a while. I'm looking forward to getting out there in 6 weeks!

Well it's great to hear you're getting back into it- as you well know it's all like riding a bike... you'll quickly get used to it (sitting on your ar** )
    Nothing beats the scenery of any mountain area... It's all absolutely stunning!

Going to Ischugl in two weeks, 32 blokes going to be carnage
    FRESH Clique 24 (24 hours)
    WG Motorworks - RABBID REMAP
    Ko6 Turbo. 3"Turbo Back custom exhaust De-Cat - KW V2 Coilovers Porsche Brakes
    331 BHP Fully forged - Fast Road Cams - Plus Williams Clio 3

VXR Torque of the Devil DanTheManc's Avatar

Bought some Bollé goggles today but I'm having to hire a board and boots because I got rid of mine a long time ago.
    Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast