+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow sports!

Lucky guy!! Your challenge is to hit 80km/h by the end of the week

VXR Torque of the Devil DanTheManc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baillie89 View Post
    Lucky guy!! Your challenge is to hit 80km/h by the end of the week
    Not a chance! I'm not bad but I'm still a bit of a novice. My max so far is 61.4km and it felt like 1000000k.

The visibility hasn't been great because it's been snowing constantly since Tuesday morning. It's supposed to be a clear day tomorrow so my aim is 65km/h if I can find a quiet section.
    Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManc View Post
    Not a chance! I'm not bad but I'm still a bit of a novice. My max so far is 61.4km and it felt like 1000000k.

The visibility hasn't been great because it's been snowing constantly since Tuesday morning. It's supposed to be a clear day tomorrow so my aim is 65km/h if I can find a quiet section.
    Yeah it always feels so much faster than what it reads but comparing to how it feels in a car... Can get terrifying pretty quickly haha!
    Well stay safe mate, fresh tracks when the visibility clears up! Get some more pics up when you can

Well I'm in the airport again but on my way home. Great resort and some epic runs. Managed 145km whilst I've been here and my legs need a rest day. Gutted to be leaving but we're already talking about sorting something similar for next year.

Last edited by DanTheManc; 28th February 2016 at 10:08 AM.

Cracking pics mate! Did you make it down that black?
    Well you're home in one piece- great success! Haha. You always spot at least one person with a cast on at the airport!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
    Octavia VRS TSI MK3

We went down a black but on our heels. Blacks aren't much fun on a board.

Yes there was a few casts, slings and crutches around the airport. Luckily we returned unscathed other than the odd bruise

Just need to choose where to go next season now and I think I might buy my own equipment rather than rent.

My mate took his GoPro so hopefully we have some decent footage.
    Last edited by DanTheManc; 29th February 2016 at 11:00 AM.

On your heels or not- you still took on the challenge and that alone means you've done a black, so well done!

We tend to stick with France, it offers the best value for money in terms of the weather, skiable area and nightlife! Thinking trying Switzerland next year though. Only ever been during the summer.

Love a good bit of GoPro footage! Use it all the time myself too- you get the best angle on a board when using a pole though!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
    Octavia VRS TSI MK3

Time for a thread revival.... snow has been falling in France and Austria today which means it's time to be dusting off those skis and snowboards soon!
    Who's planning to get away this winter? Where are you thinking of getting to?

Here's a video I put together of when I was in Les 2 Alpes in January at the beginning of the year!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9PTlJRKws

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

So far booked

Dec - 7 days in val thorens
    Feb - 12 days in Banff (Canada)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

That's awesome VR! I love Val T and the 3 valleys. Been over there a few times now- stayed in both Meribel and Val T. I prefer Meribel as a resort but Val T is hands down the party scene.
    Have you been before? They done an escapades challenge the times I've been there where you use your lift pass on a selection of chairs/lifts/gondolas etc across the 3 valleys (4 including the "hidden" valley- Orelle) - you get the week/duration you're there and at the end are given a certificate and an escapades badge! Not a great deal but it's something to add to the trip. We'd made it a challenge to smash all the lifts in one day and we just managed it. Sat and planned for hours the night before, highlighting the best routes to take on the map and set on our way. No time for stopping- lunch on the chairlifts!

I haven't got anything booked yet but looking at France again this season and will have a few trips up north of Scotland, I'm only an hour away from Glencoe.

I need to get myself out to Canada/America for some skiing but the funds and time off work don't allow at the moment. Plenty time in the future to get that sorted!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast