Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Angry Orange Padlock Light on but car still starts and unlocks

ive owned a astra vxr for a couple of months now and i love it but when i jumped in it the other day and started it up i had a orange padlock light up constantly which i thought was the immobiliser light which doesnt make sense cause i can unlock the door and start the car no problems!?! its a keyless entry and start 2009 Vxr

ive had a brand new battery put into my key fob... light is still on
    ive checked all connections inside the key fob... light is still on
    ive done the pedal error code trick... no codes came up
    ive had it plugged into a computer... no codes came up

this light is doing my head in so any help or suggestions are welcome

It's probably one of the numerous sensors, the only way to know for sure is with a tech 2 or similar..
    When mine did it the problem was the rear hatch sensor you could walk up and it would auto unlock either door and start but you had to press the button on the fob to unlock the hatch.

Have u tried offering the key up to the steering column if you look it has that symbol on it , sometimes needs to be offered up to pair system always worked for mine when this has happened see if it works
    Red calipers , factory fitted full AFL's , painted bootstrip , cobra Exhaust ,19 inch diamond cut alloys, full tinted glass,de wipered, metal pressed plates,maxton front splitter, Team heko wind deflectors, vxr grille badge...

VXR newbie

Thanks guys ill try it out tomorrow, my boot latch was moved the other day inwards because the boot was leaking maybe thats the problem?

VXR newbie

tried everything and nothing has worked, think its a expensive trip to the dealership

VXRed

Hey I had this problem, I had actually managed to unplug the sensor in the centre consol when wiring up the DVD

Closed Thread