Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Goodbye Remus - Hello Cobra!

Hi folks, so I've gone from a Remus 3 piece and sports cat (single exit) to a Cobra 3" resonated turbo back decat (nurburgring).

At first the idea of swapping the Remus for anything else was 'Emotional' lol but I have to say the louder deep tone of this set up and the grin on my face is totally beyond my expectations

Unfortunately for unknown reasons the diffuser I painstakingly spray painted Matt black has turned grey in parts

Original Remus with VXR single exit

Cobra burg exhaust

Cobra & Diffuser Installed

back box & Diffuser

the resonator

Stage 3 map is being tweaked this week to factor in the new addition

VXRed

I am thinking to buy the same as you, I was considering last month, what is your opinion? And where did you buy it?

It looks really nice and awesome quality

Any vids?

I like the cobra systems but the tone for Remus is better imo

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by reejasp View Post
    I am thinking to buy the same as you, I was considering last month, what is your opinion? And where did you buy it?

It looks really nice and awesome quality
    Thank you, I am very impressed with the tone, I am glad I went for the resonated version of this as it seems to be around the same volume of as my old Remus 3 Piece, although that was more raspy - I would recommend a 3" system if you are to go beyond stage 3 at some point in the future, this upgrade has come out purely due to need and I wish I had thought about this a while back when upgrading my exhaust system.

I brought mine through my tuner as he was carrying out maintenance on my car at the time.

I am actually going to get it mapped and dyno'd tomorrow along with some tweaks so will try and take some vids of it.

VXR newbie

where did you buy the diffuser from?

VXRed

isn't the remus backbox 57mm ?

when you go full 3"(76mm) will the remus backbox be restrictive

Good choice better remove the remus sticker from your rear bumper
    Ecotuned 296.7bhp/370 ft-lbs, Cross over delete with js hoses, AEM Cone Filter, Enlarged Top Hat and Boost Pipe, Toyo Sports pre cat delete, Cobra 200 cell sports cat, Cobra resonated Cat Back, Airtec stage 2 intercooler, MTEC Grooved Discs and Pads, DAP R Springs, Whiteline adjustable RARB, Colour coded boot strip, de badged rear, tinted windows.

VXRed

I got the diffuser from Ebay, was a perfect fit for the VXR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-C...UAAOSw-vlVkp~Y

I was informed that the setup I had before would be restrictive hence the complete upgrade

I took a vid today but the quality isn't great as there was a lot going on in the background I will have a stab at it some point later

Closed Thread