Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED Lights

Default LED Lights

Guys,

Was wondering if anyone has upgraded standard halogen light bulbs for LED's in the interior, boot or number plate?

Also would like to replace the cornering lights with LED to keep all lights nice and white.

My thoughts are that the LED's need resistors and that can cause problems in certain areas either causing warning lights that the lights aren't running correctly or just breaking often from the heat of the resistors.

I imagine interior light and boot light is easy done as long as the heat from the resister doesn't burst them.

I've seen people say that LED number plates cause warning lights on the dash.

Any advice?

Cheers

Last edited by GojuWarrior; 2nd April 2016 at 09:03 AM.

There was a thread by another member and they had LEDs listed as mods they've done, so may be worth asking.
    Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...R-My-first-VXR...

VXRed

Tried led cornering lights and they don't work

I don't know why might try some whiter halogen bulbs instead

Quote Originally Posted by baillie89 View Post
    There was a thread by another member and they had LEDs listed as mods they've done, so may be worth asking.
    Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...R-My-first-VXR...
    Yeah I'll speak to Sammy, I forgot he had done the lights. Was too busy focusing on the other awesome stuff haha

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina boy View Post
    Tried led cornering lights and they don't work

I don't know why might try some whiter halogen bulbs instead
    Hmmmm interesting, I'll probably do the same then, where are you getting your bulbs from? I tried online and so far the new VXR doesn't come up for me

VXRed

You need h11 bulbs loads on eBay just don't bother with Leds

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina boy View Post
    You need h11 bulbs loads on eBay just don't bother with Leds
    Cheers man, have you tried any interior lighting by any chance? I imagine it would be simple as anyway. I'll try LED for internal

Just for the benefit of anyone reading this in the future.

I spoke to SammyG145 and he told me he got his lights from lush lighting city.

Check out his thread of his awesome car so far

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...VXR-Mod-thread

VXR enough

I got all mine from lush city lighting, changed them all bar the cornering lights
    most bulbs work in the interior but need the lush city ones for the number plate, i did buy some from a trader on here that were meant to be canbus safe, worked fine but the warning message was on the dash whenever the lights came on
    Corsa VXR
    Focus RS

VXRed

Go to autobulbsdirect.co.uk. they have everything on there. I got my red led stop tail bulbs from them and they're fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by RobV View Post
    Go to autobulbsdirect.co.uk. they have everything on there. I got my red led stop tail bulbs from them and they're fantastic
    I've seen them before but the new vxr doesn't come up when you plate search or manually search. Sorry for being lazy haha but when it comes to little things like bulbs I'd quite like it laid out on a plate so i know its gonna work.
    I'm not up for having electrical issues, I prefer my spanner lol. Thats what put me off them atm.

Could you link me to the ones you used? Have you any other experience with bulbs in your E?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast