+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    VXR enough JohnL's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th January 2012
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shammy View Post
    That looks amazing mate, love it and pretty cool how unique it is!

    When you say spray dip, do you mean plasti-dipped? How easy is it to maintain/keep clean mate?

    I'm thinking about jumping back to another J, would be tempted to get it sprayed a different colour if I was to.
    I'll be honest not sure, it's had a top coat of something called autoflex. As for maintaining it is just like normal paint you can Polish/wax it. I have video they took after they detailed it the other month for me I'll upload in a few minutes

  2. #22
    VXR enough JohnL's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th January 2012
    Posts
    1,240

  3. #23
    VXRacing ahead
    Join Date
    29th May 2011
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    I'll be honest not sure, it's had a top coat of something called autoflex. As for maintaining it is just like normal paint you can Polish/wax it. I have video they took after they detailed it the other month for me I'll upload in a few minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    Aww alright, fair enough mate, just that there's a difference between getting it wrapped and plasti-dipped. Is it easy to scratch or anything? Or just like normal? Thanks for the vid mate, it does look ace!

    I'm wanting an Arden J again but if a different coloured one pops up for the right price I'd be tempted to get that and get it sprayed as you've done - probably red!

  4. #24
    VXR enough JohnL's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th January 2012
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    It doesn't seem to scratch any easier than paint if I'm honest in fact I've found it a little harder wearing where somebody has opened the passenger door and caught a concrete statue there was no damage

  5. #25
    VXRacing ahead
    Join Date
    29th May 2011
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    It doesn't seem to scratch any easier than paint if I'm honest in fact I've found it a little harder wearing where somebody has opened the passenger door and caught a concrete statue there was no damage
    Well that's good to hear then mate, sounds like it won't be any worse than VX's own paint

    I just wouldn't want it to be easy to peel off cause that would be a disaster then!

  6. #26
    VXR enough JohnL's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th January 2012
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    They had a video on their old site to demonstrate how tough it is. Can't find it though. They put a jet wash pretty much straight on it and pull at edges etc. And there's no damage afterwards.

  7. #27
    VXRacing ahead
    Join Date
    29th May 2011
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Sounds a pretty good sell mate, hopefully will protect it against the stone chips too!

  8. #28
    VXRed
    Join Date
    8th July 2016
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Cool colour, im thinking to go for dark red matte. Was reading couple of replies and i think i could share some of my knoledge. Plasti dip, full dip, elastiwrap and all other liquid wraps when sprayed has matt finish, this one though, has an autoflex finish, which has an oem finish, same qualities and shine of standart clear coat but still removable and dont eat through wrap. Theres now couple of coating with same qualities. But if you have a dipped car with its a bit harder to clean and it is afraid of any fuels and petrolium based liquids. Other than that, its a great level of protection for all the car, my wheels are dipped and it already saved the original finish


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    VXRed
    Join Date
    1st April 2016
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Who did the wrap/dip/sprayjob?

  10. #30
    VXR enough JohnL's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th January 2012
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrylas View Post
    Cool colour, im thinking to go for dark red matte. Was reading couple of replies and i think i could share some of my knoledge. Plasti dip, full dip, elastiwrap and all other liquid wraps when sprayed has matt finish, this one though, has an autoflex finish, which has an oem finish, same qualities and shine of standart clear coat but still removable and dont eat through wrap. Theres now couple of coating with same qualities. But if you have a dipped car with its a bit harder to clean and it is afraid of any fuels and petrolium based liquids. Other than that, its a great level of protection for all the car, my wheels are dipped and it already saved the original finish


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers that's put better than I could have done

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticH View Post
    Who did the wrap/dip/sprayjob?
    A company called Autoxclusiv http://www.autoxclusiv.co.uk/contact-us/ (was called pro dip your car at the time)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts