Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Norhidem View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iybw9kbYUoA This is the same kind of sound my car is making, how about yours?
    Just watched this, nothing like the noise my car was making bud you're right though it does sound like a turkey haha
    James
    Custom 2015 Summit White GTC VXR

def some thing wrong if standard , the fluttering sound is only found on modded air intakes etc.

BUZZ BLUE GTC VXR mid life crisis & loving every minute.

VXRed

Hi Everyone!

So i had my car in for service, had to change brakes and some oil and got some updates aswell, however they said that the problem i was talking about ( Dump vale sound), was in fact not a problem, they thought it should sound that way since the car had high boost on the turbo and when the air is released the sound would be heard, or something like that... Seems odd, i drove one before i bought this one and i can't recall it making that sound... Damn incompentent serviceppl from Opel(I'm swedish)... I guess i have to go some where else..

But thanks again for all the answers!

Grr...

It's easy to check buddy, undo the three 10mm bolts that hold the valve on be carful as there is a spring holding the diaphragm in then take out and check for splits here is mine disassembled

It's a bit tight but can be done.
    Hope this helps👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arden Blue / Areo pack / Navi 600 / Xenon AFL lights / DAB /Bluetooth / LED DLR,S/ LED number plate lights
    LED rear lights rear park assist / K&N panel filter
    20" rims 279 BHP
    Miles of Smiles

VXRed

Thank you very much! I will show this to the serviceppl as well! They seem overly confident that it is not a problem... I will ask you one last question, do you think it's harmfull for the turbo/engine to be driving with? My ''thumb is in the mittle of my hand'' so too speak hehe, so i'm not that confident in fixing this my self ^^

Friendly Regards / Benny

Haha I see 😂 don't think it will cause any damage but better to get checked as soon as to be on the safe side mate. This valve releases the excess pressure from the induction system when the throttle body flap closes, when you release the acceleration pedal, this if not released causes pressure on the turbo turbine and slows the spool down loosing initial boost pressure between gears (excess turbo lag) 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arden Blue / Areo pack / Navi 600 / Xenon AFL lights / DAB /Bluetooth / LED DLR,S/ LED number plate lights
    LED rear lights rear park assist / K&N panel filter
    20" rims 279 BHP
    Miles of Smiles

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2