Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Astra H vxr terrible missfire under boost

Hi guys,
    Hopefully one of you could shed some light on my issue; it would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a 2007 astra h vxr 89k with stage 1 remap.
    About 3 months after the remap it developed the same problem im getting now. I changed the spark plugs after reading a thread on here and that solved the issue Until now, 6 months later. I am getting the same missfire when there is alot of load on the engine and full boost. The car sounds like a machinegun going off out the back and hesitates terribly. I am not getting any warning lights or fault codes and what i have noticed is sometimes i accelerate and my boost gauge goes all the way up to 1.5bar and this is when it missfires (which is 80% of the time) if i accelerate slowly it stops at 1.0bar which is correct. Is this related to a boost problem? or is it likely to be a coil pack?. I did change the coil pack when i first had the car 16months ago before it was remapped as it was doing the same without the loud popping from exhaust and i got an error code and limp mode so i could easily diagnose it as coil pack.
    Any help would be great as id rather get a bit of advice before forking out £130 for a genuine coil pack.
    Thanks
    Phil

Find someone in your area who'll let you borrow their coilpack for a 10 minute spin?

A poor remap can accelerate degradation of coil packs and plugs
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

Thank you for your reply, I sort of know someone else with one so i will drop them a message! didnt think of that

You can get the Coil pack from euros car parts cheaper. It's the same Bosch unit just without the GM price tag

Sent from My S6 edge

Rabbid Stage 3, Airtech front mount, GM Hids, Cobra Exhaust, Direct route ram air, EBC Disc's, Red stuff pads and Hel brake lines.
    The list goes on

Closed Thread