Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Systems?

VXRed

Default Cobra Systems?

Does any one have a full cobra exhaust system?

if so, does it sound good? and is there any problems that they bring up?

I currently just have the second decat section

I have a 3" Cobra turbo back w/ sports cat. I'm not a mechanic at ALL myself, however I've heard Warren from WG Motorworks say that they aren't the best for fitting (Difficult to get them to connect properly). Personally I think it sounds good, however the 3" system may be a little loud for some peoples liking. If that doesn't bother you then I'd say go for it!

VXR enough

All cobras are on the loud side.

I didn't have a problem with the fitment on mine - in fact fitment was better than the milltek I now have.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

I have full 3" decat, it's loud and gets you noticed, a little bit droney on the motorway but I can live with that. I'd agree with what Dan said though, they're not the greatest fit, had to put spacers on my subframe brace and the back box doesn't quite sit level (you have to be close and crouch down to see it under car though), apart from these problems they do sound awesome though

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ashdeman View Post
    I have full 3" decat, it's loud and gets you noticed, a little bit droney on the motorway but I can live with that. I'd agree with what Dan said though, they're not the greatest fit, had to put spacers on my subframe brace and the back box doesn't quite sit level (you have to be close and crouch down to see it under car though), apart from these problems they do sound awesome though

My piper is exactly the same as this, think they're all pretty much the same on the fitment side of things. Nothing ever lines/meets up nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyG145 View Post
    My piper is exactly the same as this, think they're all pretty much the same on the fitment side of things. Nothing ever lines/meets up nowadays.
    Yeah, I guess half the problem is you are trying to fit a 3" pipe where a 2.5" pipe was. It's not terribly bad fitment, just a few little issues, but for saying they are £1000 systems you kinda expect better.

VXRed

I have a full Cobra system on mine works well with the car I find its loud around town but on the motorways its fine
    My misses hates the sound of it wont go in the car long distance

I had mine fitted by an Exhaust place near me and they didn mention anything about being tricky to fit

Quote Originally Posted by TregAnt View Post
    I have a full Cobra system on mine works well with the car I find its loud around town but on the motorways its fine
    My misses hates the sound of it wont go in the car long distance

I had mine fitted by an Exhaust place near me and they didn mention anything about being tricky to fit
    It's not tricky to fit, but mine was catching on my forge subframe brace and it takes lots of adjustment to get the back box to sit level (twin exit system).

Quote Originally Posted by ashdeman View Post
    It's not tricky to fit, but mine was catching on my forge subframe brace and it takes lots of adjustment to get the back box to sit level (twin exit system).

My downpipe catches my sump with the right combination of engine movement and road bumps.

Can you get the tips off the cobra system?

Quote Originally Posted by SammyG145 View Post
    My downpipe catches my sump with the right combination of engine movement and road bumps.

Can you get the tips off the cobra system?
    Yeah the slash cut tips are just clamped on to the end of the pipes from backbox, and then those pipes can be adjusted up and down independently as well as they are clamped to the back box. If that makes sense.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast