+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lack of boost

Default Lack of boost

Was driving today and there was literally minimal boost.. felt like i was driving a clio. Anyway got to my destination and then on the way back home the car was fine! Was very weird to experience, anyone know what caused this? Have no mods only a ram air panel filter.
    Astra J VXR - Summit White

Maybe it went into limp mode, do a pedal test and check for error codes?

that was the first thing i did, well I checked through the OBD and nothing came up?

VXR enough

Don't worry. It was just sulking over the referendum results. After all, it's built in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by robertshephard View Post
    Don't worry. It was just sulking over the referendum results. After all, it's built in Europe.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Mine has been doing the same on and off for a couple of months. Feels like an NA car. Switch off power and back on again and it springs in to life.
    Cars going back to Vauxhall tomorrow - I personally think it's a software issues over hardware my self... but I may be wrong. I have asked them to update the ecu/firmwares up to the latest versions to see if this corrects the problem. Whether or not they actually do it is another issue...

BTW - I came to this conclusion due to the fact I have been having various random electrical issues with indicators / stereo / turbo only working when I turn off everything and back on again.
    Astra - Power Red
    Courtenay Sport - Stage 3

NOW: Astra J - White
    Let's see what happens with this one...

Quote Originally Posted by HavoK View Post
    Mine has been doing the same on and off for a couple of months. Feels like an NA car. Switch off power and back on again and it springs in to life.
    Cars going back to Vauxhall tomorrow - I personally think it's a software issues over hardware my self... but I may be wrong. I have asked them to update the ecu/firmwares up to the latest versions to see if this corrects the problem. Whether or not they actually do it is another issue...

BTW - I came to this conclusion due to the fact I have been having various random electrical issues with indicators / stereo / turbo only working when I turn off everything and back on again.
    Have you got the J buddy? Let me know how it goes and what they say! My warranty is up in September so should take it in before then 😂

VXRed

Can't be sure, but suspect if this lack of boost problem does not trigger the engine fault light, that there is a problem with the wastegate actuator solenoid valve, possibly GM part number 12657023, think it may previously have been part number 19168559, also Pierburg part number 7.01600.01, Google images has plenty of images of this item, its the black plastic valve with three rubber hoses connected to it in the centre of the photo at,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...2m4Rr2A7PTM%3A

but as I said, can't be sure, but might be worth running this past Vaux.
    Last edited by Carbon Flash; 27th June 2016 at 01:54 AM.

Vaux ran diags on mine today and all the error codes they have seen (historic now) suggest mass air flow sensor. So this is on order and hopefully get car back tomorrow.

Hope that helps the OP 👍

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Astra - Power Red

I spoke too soon and car is going back in tonight... lost turbo on way to work and only way to get it back was restart car. Still think its software but it could also be boost solenoid etc like Carbon mentioned above.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Astra - Power Red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast