Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Oil catch tank

  1. #1
    VXRed
    Join Date
    10th April 2016
    Posts
    199

    Default Oil catch tank

    Are oil catch tanks worth it? I am considering getting one but I haven't heard any sold evidence that suggests I should get one. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    2nd April 2015
    Posts
    324

    Default

    AFAIK they're for hard racing/track use. Regular road users don't see much benefit? Ask a tuner like RnD or Rabbid etc.

  3. #3
    VXRed
    Join Date
    10th April 2016
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by offender View Post
    AFAIK they're for hard racing/track use. Regular road users don't see much benefit? Ask a tuner like RnD or Rabbid etc.
    How come??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    I've just bought one off a lad on Instagram. It was 37 quid though so it's not much of a waste of cash at that sort of money and the quality was superb


    Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

  5. #5
    VXRed
    Join Date
    10th April 2016
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    I've just bought one off a lad on Instagram. It was 37 quid though so it's not much of a waste of cash at that sort of money and the quality was superb


    Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!
    But is there much point to them though? Will they help with performance or are they basically a cosmetic?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    17,518

    Default Oil catch tank

    Quote Originally Posted by artic305 View Post
    But is there much point to them though? Will they help with performance or are they basically a cosmetic?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They stop oil vapour going through to the turbo I'm told. The one I've got is same as Steven Barrow's. It's got baffle inside and a nut underneath for easy emptying

    No performance gain

  7. #7
    VXRed
    Join Date
    10th April 2016
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    They stop oil vapour going through to the turbo I'm told. The one I've got is same as Steven Barrow's. It's got baffle inside and a nut underneath for easy emptying

    No performance gain
    Then is there much point? The way I'm thinking is if it was an issue surely they would fit them as standard


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artic305 View Post
    Then is there much point? The way I'm thinking is if it was an issue surely they would fit them as standard


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is there any point in a lot of things? I'm fitting one because for the sake of 37 quid I think it's worth doing. If it was much more I probably wouldn't have bothered.

    Balls in your own court mate.

    If you want to spend money on something that'll increase performance don't buy a catch can.

    If you want details of bloke on Insta I can tag you in as I follow you anyway

  9. #9
    VXRed
    Join Date
    10th April 2016
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Hmm ok go on then aha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artic305 View Post
    Hmm ok go on then aha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Already done mate

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts