Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXR enough

Depends what you are overtaking!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by Tom{BSc} View Post
    Not sure why people say just go stage 3 - as it's not an option / not for everyone (additional stress on engine / reliability etc)

With stage 1 the pull is still pretty surprising in higher gears!

With regards to your note on fuel - if you are worrying about economy then maybe you should look at the diesel version!

How is it additional stress on engine? You'll be running higher intake temps than a stage 3

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

higher boost pressure, more torque?.... How is it not additional stress on the engine?
    Name's Lewis - White Corsa Burg 279
    Follow me on twitter and instagram - @LNWeth
    Location - Isle of Wight

Quote Originally Posted by caino6 View Post
    Lol! I find when driving my Mrs corsa you can stick it in 6th at 30mph all day long and don't have to change down to accelerate away. Picks up pretty well to be fair.
    I watched a pretty interesting video the other day that mentioned this (I used to do it often too). Turns out this can cause pre-ignition which can be pretty bad for the engine! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEYaN6Y_FM

Quote Originally Posted by trebble67 View Post
    I watched a pretty interesting video the other day that mentioned this (I used to do it often too). Turns out this can cause pre-ignition which can be pretty bad for the engine! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEYaN6Y_FM
    I agree to an extent, I don't like labouring the engine, but its really not labouring the engine in the corsa at all. But in comparison if I was to do it in my GSi, 5th gear 30mph, its pretty much impossible therefore I don't do it in that at all

Pretty useless post for you really, as I had the op to drive Corsas around Oulton Park on the recent Power Events Day I can say I never got the chance to get in 5th or 6th , it was an awsome experience well over the Astra J, but having owned the Astra Burg for nearly 6 yrs I was well impressed with the latest Corsa.

Quote Originally Posted by c19urg View Post
    Pretty useless post for you really, as I had the op to drive Corsas around Oulton Park on the recent Power Events Day I can say I never got the chance to get in 5th or 6th , it was an awsome experience well over the Astra J, but having owned the Astra Burg for nearly 6 yrs I was well impressed with the latest Corsa.
    I wasn't. There didn't seem to be much improvement from the D. The H and J are night and day

Quote Originally Posted by LWeth View Post
    higher boost pressure, more torque?.... How is it not additional stress on the engine?
    Stage 1 is a remap alone as you're aware. Stage 3 you add a free flowing cooler so although you might have higher bhp the car will breath better once the crappy standard cooler is gone, stick an airtec cooler on and your good for 4-500bhp do stage 3 is fine. Have you actually taken your standard cooler off? Plus you will of done away with the crappy rubber hoses. So although stage 3 is slightly more power it's safer than just a remap imo

VXRed

I found the Corsa will pull great in 1st up to 4th to 100mph. But after that its a little crap. I have never taken it to 140 it would get there I am sure but would take a while....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2