Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Yet another issue, fuel spilling out everywhere, please help!

So after spending £180 getting my air conditioning working again (its now lovely and cold)

a new issues has been brought to light which i would like some advice on how to fix it!

Basically i have an aftermarket arb fitted and it appears that i must have gone over a bump or something a little too hard and the top of the bolt has gone straight through what appears to be a fuel line (the pictures will show exactly what i mean) which means after about £30 worth of fuel is put into my tank it just gushes out all over the place which is exactly what happened at the garage!

What can i do about this? im really hoping for an easy fix here as all i ever seem to be doing is spending money on this car at the moment!

New fuel line I guess.. Maybe you could tape it to provide the fuel getting out of the tank but u should definitely not drive the car until you change the fuel line.

you will need a new filler pipe from fuel cap to tank , and cut off the unused thread on the bolt to stop it happening again.
    stage 3

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nippyrascal View Post
    and cut off the unused thread on the bolt to stop it happening again.
    +1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

VXRacing ahead

Do what been said and retest put some weight in the car to see the clearance. So you don't get the issue again.
    What arb is it?

VXRed

i have ordered the new pipe £62 from the main dealer and will get it installed tomorrow while hack sawing the top of the bolt off lol! shouldn't be too hard to fit should it? and the ARB was installed when i got it so i couldn't say which one it is!

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Default Yet another issue, fuel spilling out everywhere, please help!

Unless the mot tester was not doing their job correctly, the damage probably has been caused since the last MOT

I would also have the suspension checked over - any signs of oil around the shocks
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 2nd August 2016 at 10:30 PM.

VXR enough

£62!

You do realise you could probably have got a small section of fuel hose, some unions and some jubiliee clips for under a tenner.

Also the brackets for your ARB look bent?
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

The shocks are all fine! They were replaced a few months ago! Ahh it's annoying about the £62 but at least I know it's the proper part and not a bodge job! Thinking about firing it, when I unclip the pipe will fuel come gushing out or should it be okay as its in the fuel tank which has just under half a tank in! I'm thinking fuel only goes through the pipe when filling up leading to the fuel tank?

About the arb bracket, that was bent when I got it, when I had a service they said it could have been bent to fit and that it isn't really causing an issue that fact that it is bent!

Closed Thread