Closed Thread

Default Fuel smell in cabin

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has ever noticed a fuel smell inside the cabin when driving? It only seems to happen when the windows are open wich seems strange, close the windown and it dissapears, ive noticed it on several occasions in the last week!
    Thanks.

Welcome again fella, the best place to post these kind of questions is in the relevant car section of the forum

This is the introduction area.

See - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/for...at-About-VXR-s

HTH
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

��

Regional Assistant - Scotland West f1slikki's Avatar

Check the fuel cap is on tight,I had petrol smell in cabin and cap was loose
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

+1 on the fuel cap

May be lose or not sitting correctly.
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Get a new cap or better still buy a new rubber seal for the cap you have already, very easy to fit the seal and cheaper than buying a whole new cap!
    I have bought both in the past, will def solve your fuel smell problem, a known problem with the H VXR
    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Sorry guys should have updated, checked the cap and it was lose, been ok ever since, still can't understand how that would cause the smell when driving at 70mph with the window down but it did somehow! Problem solved anyway!👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread