Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by CMartino View Post
    Dealerships are unable to establish if the software on the ECU has been modified if its been done correctly, dealer-level equipment such as the MDI(Tis2Web & GDS2). This is done by ensuring the date/time correspond with the original software flash dates and that the MD5 checksum is identical to the original flash. To establish if an ECU is modified the dealer must send the ECU off to the OEM i.e. Dephi etc.

So even if these Bluefin OBD2 units use a flashing method to store/make live maps. A dealership couldn't tell.

Exactly!

Also the Bluefin map stage one is only about a 9% power increase so well within the engine and gearbox safety tollerence levels.

I don't think a dealer would think to send an ECU off to be dissected with such small power increases. The map would have to push the engine or drive train past these safety tollerences to cause the damage that would warrant this type of close inspection surely?
    Last edited by srea064; 22nd August 2016 at 10:14 PM.
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line and a Corsa D VXR > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 and a Corsa E VXR ***

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Personally i wouldn't touch a generic map for love nor money. So no EDS or superchips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srea064 View Post
    Also the Bluefin map stage one is only about a 9% power increase so well within the engine and gearbox safety tollerence levels.

I don't think a dealer would think to send an ECU off to be dissected with such small power increases. The map would have to push the engine or drive train past these safety tollerences to cause the damage that would warrant this type of close inspection surely?

If you modify the car in any way they will reject your warranty claim. If they suspect it's been mapped, it will go away for approval. If you go for a gearbox warranty claim you have to sign a disclaimer saying that you're liable for any costs should the fault not be a manufacturer fault and/or if the car is modified (words to that effect).

There's a lot of experience on here, people that have seen the process in action and heard the stories of people that tried (and failed).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post

If you modify the car in any way they will reject your warranty claim. If they suspect it's been mapped, it will go away for approval. If you go for a gearbox warranty claim you have to sign a disclaimer saying that you're liable for any costs should the fault not be a manufacturer fault and/or if the car is modified (words to that effect).

There's a lot of experience on here, people that have seen the process in action and heard the stories of people that tried (and failed).
    I'm not going to digress into the politics of this but 9/10 dealers never ask the customer for the disclaimer. I've had multiple engine rebuilds on previous Vauxhall's that I've owned (mostly heavily modified, non vxrs) and was obviously modified from anybodies point of view and was never questioned and warranty work always carried out. Ultimately its on the technicians shoulders if they wish to disclose a reason as to why it should be rejected i.e modifications on the warranty claim.

The first warranty claim I've ever had rejected was on my E VXR, when the gearbox failed they wouldn't touch it, and even then that was purely on the grounds of how much attention the car had received due to it being the demonstrator for a few companies and there was numerous videos on YouTube of it being driven. If it hadn't been for that they had even admitted it would have been approved (even with stage 3 hardware/software).

I'm aware that's against Vauxhall's policy and the dealer risks loosing their authorisation to carry out warranty work, but you will find very few will "look" for a reason to refuse it, even if in plain sight.

VXRed

Well this escalated quickly

... thank you for the info Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MVXRF View Post
    Well this escalated quickly

... thank you for the info Guys.
    Lol, always does where remaps are concerned

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

VXRed

I have just spoken to the Director of Service here at Vauxhall and yea... its neither here nor there ... im gunna Map it anyway I think ha!

VXRed

Keep it standard till either 3 years/6Ok miles has surpassed. I find the standard machine a perfectly capable performer. Iv kept up with and beat a lot more exotic cars on the motorway and i think it's a lot to do with the drivers bottle going when speeds get silly lol.
    Last edited by RobV; 25th August 2016 at 10:23 PM.

im hoping to get a rabbid remap from ak motorworkz in Plymouth any reviews ??
    cheers keiran

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3