Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    VXRed
    Join Date
    12th April 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Thanks for the replies

    Still unsure as to what to do, but this gives me a few different ones to look at... I drove a customers (I work for Vauxhall) which had a Superchips (BlueFin) re-map and it seemed pretty good so may go for that ...

    ... Its a lease car so dont wanna blow it up if i can help it ha!

  2. #12
    VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th February 2008
    Posts
    15,935

    Default

    Speak to your Lease company as you may not be able to mod the car - car does not belong to you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    VXRed
    Join Date
    12th April 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Defiantly cant do it ... but I leased a car before Maped it then took it off and no questions asked.

  4. #14
    VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th February 2008
    Posts
    15,935

    Default

    As long as you know the risk , and be prepare to repair the car if the remap causes damage

    Very brave on your part


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    VXRed blooded srea064's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd September 2015
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MVXRF View Post
    Defiantly cant do it ... but I leased a car before Maped it then took it off and no questions asked.
    In that case the best option, if you're still determined to map the car, would get a Superchips Bluefin.

    I'm currently running their stage one map on my GTC VXR and love the transformation, not too harsh. Nice smooth delivery with only a 23BHP gain. Doesn't sound much but its transformed the car both in stop start start traffic and when motoring along.

    I also ran one of their maps on my last car as well, a 2013 GTC 1.6T that has a similar engine as the Corsa VXR. At least this option allows you to return the car back to stock when needed.
    Last edited by srea064; 21st August 2016 at 10:16 PM.
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 ***

  6. #16
    VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th February 2008
    Posts
    15,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srea064 View Post
    . At least this option allows you to return the car back to stock when needed.
    Still leaves a marker on the ecu, that will identify the map has been changed.

  7. #17
    VXRed
    Join Date
    11th October 2015
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vr55vxr View Post
    Still leaves a marker on the ecu, that will identify the map has been changed.
    Doesn't leave a marker on the ECU, these plug and play maps only falsify sensory data to make the car run stronger in terms of ignition timing etc. The ECU doesn't log the last connected device unless its an MDI, and even then it only logs the serial of the MDI.

  8. #18
    VXRO's Bulging Eyes burgerken374's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th September 2008
    Posts
    4,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMartino View Post
    Doesn't leave a marker on the ECU, these plug and play maps only falsify sensory data to make the car run stronger in terms of ignition timing etc. The ECU doesn't log the last connected device unless its an MDI, and even then it only logs the serial of the MDI.
    Wrong, you are thinking of a TDI tuning box, the Bluefin reflashes your ecu & stores the original map on the Bluefin device, this leaves a marker on the ecu each time you reflash the map.
    Astra GTC Summit White with Aero Pack, Navi 600, Rear Parking Sensors, Carbon Diffuser, Carbon Wing Mirrors, Carbon Front Scoops & Carbon Mud Flaps, & Splitter
    BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
    'Clique' # 1

  9. #19
    VXRed
    Join Date
    11th October 2015
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burgerken374 View Post
    Wrong, you are thinking of a TDI tuning box, the Bluefin reflashes your ecu & stores the original map on the Bluefin device, this leaves a marker on the ecu each time you reflash the map.
    Dealerships are unable to establish if the software on the ECU has been modified if its been done correctly, dealer-level equipment such as the MDI(Tis2Web & GDS2). This is done by ensuring the date/time correspond with the original software flash dates and that the MD5 checksum is identical to the original flash. To establish if an ECU is modified the dealer must send the ECU off to the OEM i.e. Dephi etc.

    So even if these Bluefin OBD2 units use a flashing method to store/make live maps. A dealership couldn't tell.

  10. #20
    VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th February 2008
    Posts
    15,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMartino View Post
    Dealerships are unable to establish if the software on the ECU has been modified if its been done correctly, dealer-level equipment such as the MDI(Tis2Web & GDS2). This is done by ensuring the date/time correspond with the original software flash dates and that the MD5 checksum is identical to the original flash. To establish if an ECU is modified the dealer must send the ECU off to the OEM i.e. Dephi etc.

    So even if these Bluefin OBD2 units use a flashing method to store/make live maps. A dealership couldn't tell.
    This is true, but with all the fraudulence warranty claims Vauxhall have experience in the past, they may wish to send your ecu before doing any high value warranty claims.

    We are aware of warranty claims that have been declined where the map has been removed, and the ecu has been send off to check.

    remember the dealer does not approved warranty claims, Vauxhall does.
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 22nd August 2016 at 05:24 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts