+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

So today i set about giving the Alloys a good Clean and Wax as we're approaching Winter and i was kinda bored lol. Anyhow, did the usual Iron Out followed by a good scrub, dried and then Waxed with AF Mint Rims.

Alloys by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Looking mint now and smell a treat! Also i fitted the new replacement Nut Cap/Covers, its the little things that add up. I'am aslo planning on getting them Powded Coated next Spring anyways as although they have no Kerbing the spokes and where the Nuts go have quite a few surface scratching which is fairly annoying.

Just under 32k now! and i really could be doing with some new Front Tyres. Apart from that, its all ok
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Nothing much to report as such. Mileage is currently on 32468 and it's fast approaching its 34000 limit for the 2nd Service in my ownership, will consist off the following,

*Oil & Oil Filter
    *Gearbox Oil
    *Air Filter

The Rear Wiper could do with being replaced aswell, so that'll get done and the Front MPSS Tyres are down to around 2.3-2.5mm on both Axles which considering i got them fitted at around 14.5k i believe, they have lasted way longer than i expected them to be! so i'am hoping get Winter out the way and fit some fresh MPSS depending on circumstances as they're not exactly cheap Tyres unfortunately.

Overall the car has been faultless since i picked it up last August and i've driven it enthusiastically like it was designed to be and obviously within reason, as its still my daily which does 50 miles a day so i like to try and keep it reliable and in decent nick. Well i say that but a few weeks ago a slight loss in concentration resulted in a Kerbed Passenger side rear Alloy

Kerbed by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Kerbed by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Utterly annoyed, but can't blame anyone else but myself. So i;am planning on getting all Alloys Refurbed and Powdercoated next Spring/Summer, so we'll see.

But enough of that. On Sunday a wet, miserable Sunday spent a good Afternoon blasting around my local B-Roads with a Focus Mk2 RS that's been breezed on by Mountune, so its MR375 and by god its ballistic, i've never driven anything like it and was lucky enough to spend a good amount of time driving it and its cemented a place in my heart. I honestly do think if was spending 22-25k on a Hot Hatch, i would drop a few years and opt for the RS and having MP350/MR375 kit fitted. Special special car. I drove it standard guise when he first picked it up and it was great but with the Mountune kit its night and day difference, Exhaust pops and bangs like an Group B Rally car and the endless surge and pulling power from that 5 Pot is additive and his MPG overall was 21.5 and mine was 31.5 so not a massive difference considering the extra power, well that's what i'am telling myself.

Handling wise it copes really well given the extra power the front wheels kept in check with the LSD, plus being a Ford Chassis its so adjustable, lift of mid-corner, back end steps out and use that LSD to pull you back in, its great. It might lack the finesse of the period Megane R.S's but god its close. He's thinking about going to whole Mountune Clubsport spec with it now so that will be very interesting.

Hot Hatches by Michael Smith, on Flickr

I adore it so so much! But the 'Burg is staying for a few more years yet as it's everything i want and for me its affordable to Fuel and run, and i love the fact its a Vauxhall. Just because no one expects them to build such a competent Hot Hatch. Love it still.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Default Mike's Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring Edition

Received a box of goodies today. The kind of deliveries 😀

Service items consisting of,

*Engine Oil
    *Gearbox Oil
    *Air Filter
    *Oil Filter

And a Rear Wiper, also a Magnetic Sump Plug, because why not ?

It’s due in a few hundred miles, so can’t wait to get cracking.
    Last edited by Minismithy90; 14th November 2017 at 04:10 PM.

VXRed blooded

Very nice car, you well looked after it. I like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by AljazK View Post
    Very nice car, you well looked after it. I like to see that.
    Tar bud.

Couldn’t have it any other way 👍🏻

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11