+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Mike's Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring Edition

Finally i have one

After a good while pondering the 'what if's' looking at quite a few cars, i've always been drawn towards the 'Burgs, its a 'special' car, a serious piece of Hot Hatchery with its hardware its packing which appeals massively to me, so picked it up on Friday after work after Part-Ex'ing my Fiesta Mk7 ST in for it, it was approaching 42k and the 'Burg was on 14.5k so was a no brainer along with cheaper monthlies! now some pictures,

VXR by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Pretty much immaculate having only 14.5k showing and FVSH having its 4th Service done before i picked it up, the Interior even smells new inside!

The only optional extra's this 'Burg has got are AFL's which are amazing, really transforms the looks and Rear Privacy Glass?

Also its not got a Number on the Dash, so will be PM'ing @Moeman soon to see whats what.
    Last edited by Minismithy90; 31st October 2016 at 05:31 PM.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Gave the 'Bay a quick clean before,

'Bay by Michael Smith, on Flickr

And the all important bits and bobs

'Burg by Michael Smith, on Flickr

'Burg by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Brembo's by Michael Smith, on Flickr

I've got no real plans as such apart to look after it and use it as it was intended to be, its still on the OE fit Conti Sport Contact 2's which could do with being replaced very soon, so Michelin Pilot Super Sports will be next on the agenda and perhaps a Remus 3-Piece Exhaust to free up some noise and release some more character, plus being Remus and on numerous VXR's past and present it fits my OEM criteria

It 'looks' as it has had new Front Disc's as they look brand new.
    Last edited by Minismithy90; 21st August 2016 at 09:04 PM.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Burg looks good bud
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Motor looks sweet mate! Sounds like you've got a cracker too!
    Astra OPC Nürburgring Edition No.534

Cheers guys, i'am over the Moon with it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

So this came today,

Jack by Michael Smith, on Flickr

So when i get some free time the Alloys will be coming off and i will be giving the Arches, B12's and Brembo's a good clean up! along with the Gearbox Oil change as i've read its vital for these!

Also i checked the Tyres, the Rears are around 4.2-4.3mm across the Tyre on both sides and the Front's are 2.5mm-ish across on both sides at 14.5k, seems quite hard wearing Tyres or its had an easy life this 'Burg so far! also set the Tyre Pressures to 38F & 34R.
    Last edited by Minismithy90; 22nd August 2016 at 08:16 PM.

Are you VXR enough?

Very nice looking burg mate glad you are enjoying it!
    Like the look of your jack too! You got a link for it? My 20 quid halfrauds one has seen better days.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351760049262

Thats the one mate, its only a 'budget' one, but it'll do for now.

Thanks mate, just stuck another £20 of 99 Ron stuff in, 2nd fill up now, first lot i averaged 35 MPG so at present its about 7 MPG down from my previous ST, but it'll be-reet, i'am getting it on a diet of V-Power goodness, like all my cars have been ran on

Last edited by Minismithy90; 22nd August 2016 at 08:22 PM.

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351760049262

Thats the one mate, its only a 'budget' one, but it'll do for now.

Thanks mate, just stuck another £20 of 99 Ron stuff in, 2nd fill up now, first lot i averaged 35 MPG so at present its about 7 MPG down from my previous ST, but it'll be-reet, i'am getting it on a diet of V-Power goodness, like all my cars have been ran on

Thanks for that mate. Youl have to let me know if it's any good? I plan to clean my arches out and re do my brake calipers sometime soon too.

vPower is the one mate! All I use in my car unless I'm stuck I use Sainsburys super unleaded 97 which I believe is the same as BP ultimate. Don't know how to measure the mpg in my Astra to be honest, it's said 28mpg since i got it in January haha.

Sounds like you are looking after it what with getting the gearbox oil and everything done. I'm sure it will look after you! My Corsa was absolutely spot on i still miss it!

I will do mate, i'am planning on doing it soon-ish, looking quite forward to it LOL.

Totally agree, its a must on Turbo Cars and highly stung N/A's, my Renaulsport Clio 172 used to run rough on anything other than 99 Ron. Have you not re-set the Average MPG, Speed etc?

I can see this as a long term car, so i want to look after it as much as possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast