+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Default Mike's Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring Edition

Took the car in to local Vauxhall this morning for the Handbrake recall. Literally an hour later it was done.

A definite noticeable change. All good.

Few gracious pictures 😀
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Nice mate can’t beat dealer freebies lol
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

Quote Originally Posted by craigybaby View Post
    Nice mate canít beat dealer freebies lol
    You should have seen the guys face when he asked do you have it serviced and i said Iíve never been here before and do my servicing myself 😂

I was honestly expecting some issues like you have to have FVSH or something, but no went all smoothly.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

The B6255 the lovely piece of b-road that runs from Ingleton to Hawes, iíve thrown all my cars down it in the past as itís a good test of a car but never the Corsa. So last week it was time to do just a thing.

But the car was a little to stiff to fully exploit on the bumpy B6255 which was frustrating and had me questioning wether Iíd have been having more fun in a slower softer hatch, like a Swift Sport or something. Still enjoyed it though, itís more 7/8-10ths car on that road.

Apart from that itís comfortably coming up to the 40k mark now :O Still reliable as can be.

Received my Suspension Top Mounts from ECP yesterday,

Managed get some good discount being there being a Bank Holiday sale. Just need find a local Garage to fit them now...

Also the Battery Bag from the CDTi Corsaís

Just tidies up the engine bay more.

Well. Over the weekend i made an attempt the fit the new Suspension Top Mounts as i was convinced that they was the root of all the problems iíve had for over 12 months believe it or not. (Had symptoms of Loose Steering, Clunking when turning left or right, also when braking and accelerating and generally feeling pretty rubbish)

First things first being me, once Iíd took the Wipers and the x2 Scuttle Panels off I give them and surrounding areas a good clean.

Looks a lot better, who knew itís done over 40k now :O Plus was amazing at how grubby it was! The drain hole was blocked with crap, so was pleased i got it done.

Anyways back to the Top Mounts, i did took the Drivers Side Shock out first and what greeted me was this,

A lovely snapped Spring. Fantastic. That was the route of my problems, now the issue was trying the find a replacement Spring, VX wanted £350! I didnít really want to spend £600+ on a complete new B12 Kit so someone on Instagram who has a Clubsport pointed me in the direction of Eurocarparts as they sell Sachs Lowering Springs front and rear for the Nurburgrings/Clubsports and are cheap! Well £219 for the lot, but i used the discount code and the priced dropped to £142.

Fitted them along with the new Top Mounts and all is well. Infact i canít believe the difference itís made. The Steering has more feel and resistance, so much more direct and when booting it thereís no pulling like as if the tracking is out and same as when braking and on the motorway it feels planted and not floaty like it used to do, the damping is so much better. Itís like a Nurburgring should feel i guess, all in all a job well done.

I will do the rears when i can be fussed, just the know that they are all the same.

As far as i can tell the ride height is pretty much near as dammit as before.

Cheers 😊

Took it in for its MOT Test this morning. Always a nervous time even though you know your own car. Well it passed with zero Advisories, current mileage 41094.

Thatís 26745 miles covered since i picked it up in August 2016 with a mere 14349 showing. Well itís been very enjoyable and mostly reliable, bar a AFL Headlight, a snapped Spring and a failed Brembo Caliper. Itís been driven hard, but with mechanical sympathy, used as daily driver and unleashed on the B-Roads when the mood takes me, itís only ever ran on 99 Ron Fuel and serviced every 10k and will be some again next week probably.

No sign of P4 or the Ďbox shatting itself anytime soon. *touch wood*

Cheers

Where you get your top mounts euro were they with the suspension kit or bought seperately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wildefoe1 View Post
    Where you get your top mounts euro were they with the suspension kit or bought seperately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These are the Top Mounts i got,

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/V...692e6cb&000872

Just a tad over 42k now. So itís Service time,

*Gearbox Oil & Oil Filter
    *Air Filter
    *Gearbox Oil

42024 miles to be precise 😀

Should keep it sweet.

Tar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast