+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    I will do mate, i'am planning on doing it soon-ish, looking quite forward to it LOL.

Totally agree, its a must on Turbo Cars and highly stung N/A's, my Renaulsport Clio 172 used to run rough on anything other than 99 Ron. Have you not re-set the Average MPG, Speed etc?

I can see this as a long term car, so i want to look after it as much as possible.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Cool mate look forward to seeing the results. I did it on my first Corsa it's pretty satisfying when you get it done.

Nah I'm not sure how to reset it! Haha I should try and figure it out so I know what I'm getting but I just enjoy driving it lol.

Yeah same with the one I have now, going to keep it for a good few years. I can't see myself moving out of VXR's now I have tried renaultsport and hated it so my next car in a good few years will probably be a J or even a K if they have depreciated enough, unless I have a lottery win and I'll go out and buy an Aston Vantage V8

Out of interest what Renaultsport model did you have? they are well regarded as making some of the 'best' Hot Hatches ever, some pretty special models. I do love the Astra 'J' VXR, its such a good looking Hatchback, its one off the best looking IMO. I looked at them briefly, but the costs are huge, Tyres mainly!

Yeah its very satisfying, all the small jobs, add up to make a big difference.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

I had an R26 F1 Team so it had the diff, brembo's etc but it just never appealed to me as much as VXR's do to be honest. Yeah I know what you mean about the costs! My H runs on 18s same as Corsa so not too bad! I loved my Corsa but don't think I would get another now I have had an Astra.

So yesterday Evening i gave the 'Burg its 'first' Wash in my ownership, nothing special, then headed out for some photo's,

VXR by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Then my mate came after Washing his Corsa 'E' VXR, none 'Performance Packed'

VXR's by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Thanks

D still far better looking in my opinion.
    I like the back of the E but can't help thinking the front looks pretty terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Cal93 View Post
    D still far better looking in my opinion.
    I like the back of the E but can't help thinking the front looks pretty terrible
    D is better looking but having driven both the E is the best drive!

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post

Fair enough bud never driven the E, not a VXR anyway. I would still rather have a D had no issues with the way mine drove.

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post

I'd certainly love a good drive of the Performance Packed Corsa 'E' VXR, from what i've read they have pretty much smoothed out all the rough edges sort of speak, although i just can't love one enough to have bought one over the 'Burg, even if the 'Burg is a little 'raw' and uncouth, but to me that adds to the appeal more.

Stuck £20 in Fuel before and went for a quick blast around the local Roads, first time i've been for a 'proper' drive since i've had it,

Came away smiling, even with near legal-limit Conti's the 'Diff was working its magic, the Brakes, don't have much 'feel' compared to the ST, but appear to have stronger stopping power, so it should have having 305mm Discs and Brembo Calipers, thinking perhaps some Goodridge Braided Brake Hoses, had them on my old Fiesta Mk5 ZS and they improved the 'feel' no end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast